CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwire - Aug 15, 2012) - Trustwave, a leading provider of cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, today reported that its managed security services sales grew 148 percent from the first half in 2011 to the first half of 2012. This record growth brings the number of Trustwave Managed Security Services customers to approximately 2,800.
Gartner estimates the managed security service provider market will grow from $8 billion in 2011 to almost $15 billion by 2015, almost doubling its current size. Demand for IT management in the small or midsize business segments is higher than Gartner's overall IT services forecast.(1) The main drivers to engage a managed security services provider are to reduce costs, to reduce capital expenditures, and to supplement or replace in-house expertise and in-house resources.(2)
"Trustwave's record growth demonstrates that our strategy to add high-value managed security services to our TrustKeeper® cloud offering is what customers want," said Leo Cole, chief marketing officer, Trustwave. "Our delivery of new and enhanced services offerings, broader third-party product support, planned expansion of our Security Operations Centers, and stronger integration between our services and our SpiderLabs advanced threat research team gives our customers the ability to maximize their resources and lower security costs while deploying solutions that leverage some of the most advanced security capabilities and research in the industry. Our growth validates the innovation our employees have driven to reduce the complexity of protecting data and help organizations focus on what they do best: running their business -- while we run their security."
Additional Managed Security Services highlights include:
- Sales from larger, enterprise customers increased by 40 percent in the first half of 2012.
- Trustwave Managed Security Services has a close to 98 percent retention rate.
- In addition to approximately 2,800 Trustwave Managed Security Services customers, Trustwave has more than 115,000 managed compliance customers using vulnerability scanning.
- Trustwave was named a "Leader" in the March 2012 "Forrester Wave™ for Managed Security Services: North America, Q1 2012." Trustwave was one of the top vendors that Forrester invited to participate in this evaluation to assess the state of the managed security services market.
- Trustwave recently expanded its Managed Security Services portfolio by making two of its software solutions available as managed services: the Managed Web Application Firewall and the Managed Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) appliance.
- Trustwave plans to introduce a Managed Secure Web Gateway that unites Trustwave SpiderLabs' threat intelligence with patented real-time Web anti-malware technology to protect businesses from increasingly complex advanced and targeted attacks.
- Trustwave SIEM (Security Information and Event Management), which is at the core of the company's Managed Security Services, was named a finalist for Best Integrated Security Solution in the SC Awards Europe in 2012.
Trustwave has successfully expanded its Managed Security Services offerings beyond traditional security services. While traditional services like managed firewalls, log monitoring, unified threat management and secure email continue to be essential layers of protection, they don't always keep up with the latest threats to the network, applications or data. Trustwave goes beyond the basics with more advanced offerings -- managed by Trustwave Security Operations Centers worldwide using the latest Trustwave SIEM technology combined with threat intelligence from Trustwave SpiderLabs, Trustwave's advanced security team.
"We've also been successful in developing technologies we've acquired into unique Managed Security Services," added Cole. "While these innovative technologies were previously available as only software and appliances, we've made them available as managed offerings designed for customers that might not have time or resources to deploy these higher-value solutions themselves."
Trustwave is a leading provider of compliance, Web, application, network and data security solutions delivered through the cloud, managed security services, software and appliances. For organizations faced with today's challenging data security and compliance environment, Trustwave provides a unique approach with comprehensive solutions that include its TrustKeeper® portal and other proprietary security solutions. Trustwave has helped hundreds of thousands of organizations -- ranging from Fortune 500 businesses and large financial institutions to small and medium-sized retailers -- manage compliance and secure their network infrastructures, data communications and critical information assets. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago with offices worldwide. For more information, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Follow Trustwave on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Trustwave and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Trustwave.
(1) Source: Gartner Forecast Analysis: Security Service Market, Worldwide, 2011Published: 17 November 2011 ID:G00226558Analyst(s): Lawrence Pingree | Ruggero Contu
(2) Source: MarketScope for Managed Security Services in Europe, Published: 24 October 2011 Analyst(s): Carsten Casper, p9