SOURCE: The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
TUCSON, AZ--(Marketwired - Apr 2, 2013) - A major milestone in the resort-wide rejuvenation of Tucson's most upscale resort destination, the AAA Four Diamond Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa, is complete. Each of the resort's 487 guest rooms (including 25 spectacular suites) and 60,000 square feet of ballroom/function space have been completely reappointed as part of the extensive $30 million renovation that began in the spring of 2012.
The Westin La Paloma Resort's guest rooms continue to offer the signature Westin Heavenly® Beds and Bath amenities. The following new additions will enhance guests' overnight experience:
- Radio Frequency ID (RFID) key card lock system
- Headboard incorporated with LED technology, adjustable reading lights
- Executive desk with power outlets and strong Wi-Fi signal
- Accent table that expands to accommodate a laptop or in room dining tray
- 42" HD-TV
- iHome® HiP50 Bluetooth Docking Station/Clock Radio/Speakerphone for iPad, iPod, iPhone
- Smart® mini-refrigerator
- Expanded walk-in shower with Westin Heavenly Rain Forest Showerhead
- Westin Heavenly Mirror
- Double sink vanity
- Full length mirror
- Deep soaking bathtub with tiled surface
- Lighted makeup mirror
Follow these links for high resolution images: http://db.tt/kI9hSoFl, http://db.tt/xOyiJwtH, http://db.tt/a3BVCplt, http://db.tt/EDtKugkq, http://db.tt/DFvRkFgB
The Westin La Paloma's 60,000 square feet of conference/meeting space beautifully inspire and complement the resort and spa's breathtaking views and dramatic surrounding landscape. Enhancements include:
- New carpeting throughout
- Spectacular ballroom chandeliers with dimming LED lighting
- Pristine banquet equipment including tables, chairs, and linens
- Fresh, soothing and contemporary colors on walls and space dividers
- State-of-the-art audio/visual equipment
The following improvements have been exceeding guest expectations already:
- All 27 holes of La Paloma Country Club's Jack Nicklaus Signature design golf course received rejuvenation of bunkers and greens. This $600,000 project dramatically changed the aesthetics of the golf course, creating the look and feel of a new facility, while keeping the traditions of this championship layout.
- The La Paloma Country Club Westin WORKOUT fitness center was completely remodeled and outfitted with state-of-the art Life Fitness strength training equipment. Westin Workout amenities are available to all resort guests.
- The six La Paloma Country Club hard tennis courts were resurfaced with the True Bounce Resurfacing System. This process involves layering different consistencies of materials made from recycled tires. (Each court was applied with material from approximately 15,000 recycled tires!)
- New 13-passenger Mercedes Sprinters now offer stylish transport to shopping and dining experiences at the nearby La Encantada shopping center, an elegant refuge for the region's best retail therapy and dining.
- Dramatic and refreshing color adjustment on the lobby portico and façades of every building on property.
- Complete refurbishment of the 177 foot Slidewinder waterslide.
- New landscaping and lighting throughout the property including locally sourced rock and indigenous vegetation.
Additional phases of the resort-wide rejuvenation project will take place in 2013 -- the majority during the slower summer months. These will include dramatic, contemporary enhancements to the lobby, AZUL Restaurant and Lounge and the adjoining mountain-view patio, Kids Club facilities, poolside cabanas and more.
About Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa's 250 acre property reflects and basks in the stunning beauty of Tucson's Santa Catalina Mountains. The AAA Four Diamond property offers restorative amenities and 60,000 sq. feet of inspiring meeting space minutes from world-renowned attractions and endless entertainment options. Premier offerings include the 27-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, the transformative Red Door Spa, five spectacular pools, ten championship tennis courts, and a diverse collection of culinary experiences, led by the inspired American Continental cuisine of AZUL Restaurant Lounge. For additional information call 520.742.6000; (800) 937-8461 or visit www.WestinLaPalomaResort.com.