Tumi Resources Limited

TSX VENTURE : TM
FRANKFURT : TUY
PINK SHEETS : TUMIF


Tumi Resources Limited

May 12, 2010 08:30 ET

Tumi Reactivates Mexican Exploration Program With the Acquisition of the Mezquite Silver-Zinc-Lead Prospect

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - May 12, 2010) - Tumi Resources Limited (the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:TM)(PINK SHEETS:TUMIF)(FRANKFURT:TUY). Mr. David Henstridge, President and CEO, announces the acquisition of the Mezquite silver-zinc-lead project located about 250 kms by road east of Hermosillo, Sonora. Three mineral claims totalling 167 hectares have been optioned from two private Mexican owners. The agreement gives TMXI Resources S.A. de C.V. (TMXI), the Company's wholly-owned Mexican subsidiary, the right to acquire a 90% interest for a total of US$330,000 over 4 years of which US$30,000 is payable in the first year. TMXI retains the first right of refusal to purchase the remaining 10% interest. The vendors retain no royalties. The claims are underlain by historical workings, principally La Perla (aka Mezquite) shaft and surrounding surface workings.

Mineralization consists of zinc carbonate (smithsonite), silver-bearing galena (lead sulphide) and lesser malachite and barite. The host rock is a dolostone belonging to the Proterozoic Palmar formation; the block underlying the claims extends for about 8 km north-south by 2 km east-west. Unweathered galena occurs along fractures filled with silica and barite and elsewhere as disseminations within the matrix of the dolostone. Sulphides exist just a few centimeters below the surface; the shallow weathering is likely a result of the carbonate host rock preventing acid generation and leaching. The generally disseminated and blebby nature of the mineralization somewhat resembles a Mississippi Valley type of environment but is believed to be intrusion-related.

The Company collected twenty-two samples from several zones over a 1 km distance NW-SE. The samples yielded silver values ranging from 3 g/t to 348 g/t over 2m widths taken from a pit near the southern end of the showings, and up to 153 g/t Ag over a 3m width along the wall of La Perla shaft near the northern end of the showings. Lead values ran from ppm to low percentage levels, and zinc ranged from ppm to several tens of percentage levels. More recently the Company collected five grab samples of mineralized rock from widely-spaced locations within the claim block to check for silver values; the samples ranged in value from 97 g/t to 598 g/t Ag and 1.5% to 22.1% Zn.

David Henstridge stated: "The disseminated silver bearing galena, discovered over a wide area within a favourable host rock, has the potential to develop into a bulk tonnage deposit. We look forward to commencing our detailed exploration program at Mezquite".

The disseminated nature of the mineralization is ideal for a geophysical exploration method such as induced polarization (IP). The Company intends to immediately undertake further mapping and sampling and seek a contract for up to 12.5 line-km of IP.

The qualified person for Tumi's projects, David Henstridge, a Fellow of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy and a Member of the Australian Institute of Geoscientists, has visited the Mezquite silver-zinc-lead project, Sonora, Mexico, and has verified the contents of this news release.

On behalf of the Board,

David Henstridge, President & CEO

Forward Looking Statements This Company Press Release contains certain "forward-looking" statements and information relating to the Company that are based on the beliefs of the Company's management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Company's management. Such statements reflect the current risks, uncertainties and assumptions related to certain factors including, without limitations, competitive factors, general economic conditions, customer relations, relationships with vendors and strategic partners, the interest rate environment, governmental regulation and supervision, seasonality, technological change, changes in industry practices, and one-time events. Should any one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should any underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described herein.

Neither the TSX Venture Exchange, its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange), nor the Frankfurt Stock Exchange accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.

Contact Information