CLEVELAND, OH--(Marketwire - October 23, 2012) - MCPc, Inc., a Cleveland-based technology products and solutions provider, today announced that it will offer a new category of customized, ultra-responsive mobile computing systems inspired by Intel. These Ultrabook™ devices will enable MCPc to deliver a powerful combination of built-in security and intelligent performance in a sleek form factor.
Less than an inch thick, an Ultrabook wakes up in a flash and runs for hours, perfect for the most seasoned travelers. Its low power consumption and solid-state drive enable cool, quiet operation for at least five hours of extended productivity. At the heart of every business Ultrabook is the 3rd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor1. The security and manageability features of Intel® vPro™ technology2 will enable MCPc to help clients safeguard sensitive data and user identities, repel threats, protect and secure lost or stolen devices, and manage their IT assets cost-effectively.
"MCPc's client base has been demanding a device with these specifications, and Intel has hit a home run with the Ultrabook. Users will appreciate the exceptionally long battery life and light weight, while IT and corporate security will benefit from native Intel security and vPro technologies," said Ira Grossman, vice president of MCPc's personal systems group. "We're helping organizations through the complexity of system upgrades and how to leverage several new very compelling features of Windows 8."
Ultrabook devices differ from typical mobile PCs, offering a richer computing experience with new levels of functionality designed for the business user:
- Great performance - Ultrabooks are powered by 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors offering smart performance, with a burst of speed when its needed from Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0.
- Portability and style - sleek, attractive devices come with a full keyboard in an easy-to-carry design.
- Wireless content sharing - users can experience presentations, movies, photos and more on a big screen with Intel® Wireless Display, offering up to 1080p resolution.
- Faster responsiveness - resuming from hibernation in under seven seconds, Ultrabooks load applications in a snap.
- More security and manageability-built-in security features such as Intel® Anti-theft Technology3 help ensure content is safe, disabling the device if it is lost or stolen. And, remote, automated manageability enables IT personnel or remote service providers to configure, diagnose, isolate, and repair Ultrabooks -- even if unresponsive.
MCPc will be highlighting Dell's new Intel-powered Latitude 6430u Ultrabook as part of its ten-city Windows 8 Skyfall Movie Premiere event on November 9, 2012. Cleveland, Columbus, Portland, Seattle, Lexington and Buffalo are among the ten cities that will host this exciting event.
Learn more about sleek, secure Ultrabooks inspired by Intel from MCPc at www.mcpc.com/ultrabook or contact MCPc at 800.777.7178 today.
MCPc delivers scalable solutions to host, secure and optimize an anyplace workspace -- helping clients empower their employees to work from anywhere, and on any device. The company is a top 100 technology VAR, driven by partnerships with the world's leading manufacturer providers. Headquartered in Cleveland and with branch locations across the United States, MCPc maintains practice areas in datacenter and virtualization, borderless networks, collaboration, personal systems, mobility, imaging and printing, and professional and managed services.
From the data center to the desktop and into the cloud, MCPc ensures client success by leveraging IT to drive business performance, improve productivity and increase revenue. For more information, visit www.MCPc.com, subscribe to MCPc's business technology blog, or connect with the company on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or Google+.
1. No computer system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Built-in security features available on select Intel® Core™ processors may require additional software, hardware, services and/or an Internet connection. Results may vary depending upon configuration. Consult your PC manufacturer for more details.
2. Intel® vPro™ Technology is sophisticated and requires setup and configuration. Availability of features and results will depend upon the setup and configuration of your hardware, software and IT environment. To learn more about the breadth of security features, visit http://www.intel.com/technology/vpro/
3. No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an enabled chipset, BIOS, firmware and software, and a subscription with a capable service provider. Consult your system manufacturer and service provider for availability and functionality. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting thereof. For more information, visit http://www.intel.com/go/anti-theft.
© 2012, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. Intel, the Intel logo, Ultrabook and Intel vPro are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.