VANCOUVER, BC--(Marketwired - November 09, 2016) - Urban Communications Inc. (TSX VENTURE: UBN), one of the country's first telecommunications companies to deliver Gigabit Internet service to the home, today provided a progress update, announcing network connectivity and customer milestones:
- 25% increase in buildings connected to fibre network since July 2016
- 98 buildings connected to date with 20 new buildings added since July 2016
- 16 new buildings connected to downtown Vancouver fibre recently acquired (September 2016) with another 10 buildings currently being connected and more than 100 to be connected on newly acquired fibre within 16 months
- 1,050 customers now served by Urbanfibre with a network footprint that covers over 7,500 households and businesses
- 2 municipal partnerships completed with City of Coquitlam and City of New Westminster extending network reach to almost 300 km. total
Urban's focus on providing high value, ultra high speed, fibre Internet service that business and residential users depend upon has sustained these results, fuelled by intense focus on measurable customer success.
"We continue to prove our ability to grow our network footprint through multiple avenues including acquisitions, municipal partnerships and fibre construction", said John Farlinger, Urban CEO. "The increase in network coverage has resulted in an increase in customers and lays the foundation for continued customer acquisition and revenue growth in the future."
Urban's carrier grade fibre optic network is the ultimate choice in high performance and reliable data network services for any business. With the most competitive pricing, the highest speeds and data transfer limits on Internet plans, guaranteed SLAs, and a legacy-free, congestion-free network architecture, our Internet, Ethernet, private and managed MPLS network services are the best performing services in our market.
For more information about Urbanfibre Gigabit Internet or to request service in your building, please visit www.urbanfibre.ca.
ABOUT URBAN COMMUNICATIONS INC.
Urban Communications Inc. (TSX VENTURE: UBN) is a telecommunications company providing a full suite of Internet, voice, video and broadband application products over its 300 km. state-of-the-art carrier grade fibre optic network in Metro Vancouver and Victoria to commercial, residential and public sector customers. Urban has recently launched high-speed Internet service to residential and commercial subscribers on its network at 1,000 Mbps (1 Gbps).
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.