SOURCE: US Tax Professionals

US Tax Professionals Logo

May 17, 2017 19:14 ET

US Tax Professional Advises What to Do If You Haven't Filed a Tax Return

US Tax Professional advises expediting missing tax returns to avoid collection action from the IRS

VANCOUVER, BC--(Marketwired - May 17, 2017) - Tuesday, April 18, 2017, was the deadline for most taxpayers to file their tax returns. Mark Schiffer at US Tax Professionals has some advice for those who missed filing their returns-don't delay. If a return is late, it's important to follow the correct procedures to avoid IRS enforcement actions. For more, go to:

Even if a deadline is missed, filing a tax return is not difficult-the important thing is to get started. Gather any and all information related to income and deductions for the tax years required, then contact US Tax Professionals. After all, the sooner the taxes are filed-the sooner returns can be processed.

If paying the IRS the full amount proves difficult, pay as much as possible to minimize penalties and returns. The blog outlines several options for people who can't pay their taxes in full. These include monthly plans and installments or even short-term extensions. Never ignore a tax bill, because while the IRS is willing to work with people facing challenges, ignoring them may result in collection action.

It's important to understand there are penalties for failing to file a return. Taxpayers who continue to evade a required return and fail to respond to IRS requests may be subject to a variety of enforcement actions, including very substantial penalties and fees.

If a return is past due, US Tax Professionals can provide the guidance and advice necessary to implement workable solutions that meet IRS rules and regulations. To learn more, contact US Tax Professionals today at 604-949-1559.

About the Company

US Tax Professionals provide tax services for dual American and Canadian citizens in Vancouver. Founded in 2013, they specialize in taxation for US citizens and expats, taxation and accounting for business, cross border taxation for US and Canadian citizens, as well as accounting and taxation of alternative investments, including private equity funds and hedge funds.

For more information, visit or call (604) 949-1559.

Contact Information