SOURCE: US Tax Professionals

US Tax Professionals Logo

June 22, 2017 13:17 ET

US Tax Professionals Publishes 5 Things to Know Before Starting a Business

US Tax Professionals shares which federal and state forms and applications need to be completed to get a business up and running

VANCOUVER, BC--(Marketwired - June 22, 2017) - Anyone who has ever started a business knows that it's an exciting but busy process. There's a lot to do -- in very little time. For the team at US Tax Professionals, starting a business means a lot of paperwork, especially if employees will be present. To help new start-ups start up, Mark Schiffer and his team have published a blog that briefly outlines all the federal state forms and applications that need to be completed. For more, go to:

Broadly speaking, five steps need to be completed before launching a business. This begins with securing an Employer Identification Number (EIN), filling out the forms with the State for payroll tax withholding, unemployment insurance, and sales tax collection; Payroll Record Keeping; Form W-4; and Form I-9.

For example, "securing an Employer Identification Number (also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number) is the first thing that needs to be done since many other forms require it. EINs are issued by the IRS to employers, sole proprietors, corporations, partnerships, nonprofit associations, trusts, estates, government agencies, certain individuals, and other business entities for tax filing and reporting purposes. The fastest way to apply for an EIN is online through the IRS website or by telephone."

For any help setting up any tax-related paperwork, the team at US Tax Professionals are ready to advise and assist. To get started, please call (604) 949-1559.

About the Company

US Tax Professionals provide tax services for dual American and Canadian citizens in Vancouver. Founded in 2013, they specialize in taxation for US citizens and expats, taxation and accounting for business, cross border taxation for US and Canadian citizens, as well as accounting and taxation of alternative investments, including private equity funds and hedge funds.

For more information, visit or call (604) 949-1559.

Contact Information