SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 21, 2013) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- USG Corp., a leading manufacturer and distributor of building materials for the construction and remodeling industry, has upgraded to the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 to help streamline and enhance its global business operations.
- With 8,500 employees in 140 distribution locations and 75 production facilities across North America, South America and Asia, USG needed an automated, scalable and flexible management system to streamline and standardize core business processes across HR, finance and its global supply chain.
- Completed on time and under budget, USG was able to increase efficiencies across its global operations by reducing system customizations in half and optimizing plant utilization via an upgrade to their Oracle E-Business Suite to release 12.1.
- As a result of the upgrade, USG has been able to leverage Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 Human Capital Management (HCM) to streamline and centralize benefits and payroll in order to better respond to employee and staffing needs, while also ensuring compliance with country-specific regulations.
- To further streamline administrative functions and help HR professionals become consultative partners, USG deployed Oracle Self-Service HR, which empowered employees to update and maintain their own information, including company benefits and experience. Additionally, USG implemented Oracle Taleo Recruiting Cloud Service to reduce their administrative workload and eliminate paperwork.
- To manage uncertain and variable demand, USG also upgraded to Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 Supply Chain Management, including Oracle's Demantra Demand Management and Oracle Inventory Management, to help it reduce inventory management complexity and improve forecast accuracy.
- With Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 Financials, including Oracle General Ledger, and Oracle Payables, USG has been able to reduce accounting errors and support international and country-specific financial reporting mandates.
- In the future, USG plans to further simplify financial and manufacturing processes by expanding its Oracle E-Business Suite deployment with Oracle Advance Pricing, Oracle Receivables, Deductions Settlement and Channel Rebates.
- "We needed an automated and flexible business platform to increase efficiencies and establish a solid foundation for capitalizing on opportunities in the cyclical housing and commercial properties market," said Joe Hus, Director, IT Applications, USG Corp. "By standardizing and automating HR, finance and supply chain operations on the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1, we have been able to significantly reduce complex system customizations, remove administrative redundancies, better forecast our inventory needs and production, and enhance our management capabilities."
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.