GETTYSBURG, PA--(Marketwired - September 07, 2016) - OPEN MINDS announced Charles A. Hall, Former Executive Director, Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board will join its lineup of keynote speakers for the 2016 OPEN MINDS Executive Leadership Retreat. This three-day retreat will be held September 20-22, 2016 at the historic Gettysburg Hotel in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Mr. Hall will kick-off day three of the retreat with a plenary session, "Leadership In A Time Of System Transformation: Using Advocacy To Change The System For Consumers."Charles Hall is the recently retired Executive Director of the Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board. He is currently a volunteer advocate working with the SJ47 joint subcommittee that is studying the mental health services system in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and with the Governor's Task Force on Improving Mental Health Services and Crisis Response. The goal of this initiative is to align Virginia's mission, policy, and financing to achieve meaningful outcomes for consumers with behavioral health disorders. The initiative aims to align the Department of Behavioral Health and Disabilities Services (DBHDS)' mission, including those of Community Service Boards (CSBs), through the annual performance contracts with policy for behavioral health. -- along with the $1 billion in Medicaid spending that happens annually in Virginia. Mr. Hall is seeking a model where the governance structure starts with DBHDS and moves through to local governments with the CSBs. Mr. Hall was one of the longest serving Community Service Board Executive Directors in Virginia, stating at his retirement, "Just because I have turned off my employment clock, doesn't mean I have turned off my brain or my passion."
Mr. Hall joins an exciting lineup of speakers for this year's program that will help executives gain the skills and competencies needed to overcome current market challenges. The other plenary addresses include:
- Day One Plenary -- "Leaders As Executive Athletes: Training To Take Your Performance To The Next Level," Peter Anderson, M.D., President, Team Care Medicine & Co-Author of Lost and Found: A Consumer's Guide to Healthcare
- Day Two Plenary -- "Leaders As Executive Athletes: Training To Take Your Performance To The Next Level," Suzanne F. Clifford, Senior Vice President of Integrated Primary Care, Community Health Network
- Closing Plenary -- "Leaders As Executive Athletes: Training To Take Your Performance To The Next Level," Monica E. Oss, Chief Executive Officer, OPEN MINDS
In addition, the faculty for this year's retreat include seven members of the OPEN MINDS senior team and:
- Misti Burmeister, Author, Speaker, & Chief Provoker, Misti Burmeister
- Jean Drees, Executive Director, Marketing & Community Relations, Harbor Behavioral Health
- Ravi Ganesan, President & CEO, Core Solutions, Inc.
- Ben Marsh, Board Member, Monarch & Friends of Club Horizon
- Lindsay Musser Hough, Principal, Deloitte Consulting & Author of A Woman's Framework for a Successful Career and Life
- Jeff Richardson, MBA, LCSW, Executive Director, Mosaic Community Services
- Judy B. Shahan, RN, MBA, Vice President of Population Health, Chase Brexton Health Care
- John M. Sheehan, President & CEO, Harbor Behavioral Health
- Peggy Terhune, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Monarch
- Anne Tyree, MPA, CFRE, Vice President, Marketing & Business Development, Centerstone of Illinois
- Edgar K. Wiggins, MHS, Executive Director, Baltimore Crisis Response, Inc.
The 2016 OPEN MINDS Executive Leadership Retreat is an immersive leadership experience focused on developing the leaders needed in today's complex and competitive leadership environment. The retreat has four core areas of focus:
- Building meta-leadership skills
- Developing leadership skills for organizational transformation
- Exploring moral leadership and advocacy in health and human services
- Creating "executive athletes" to lead in a changing landscape
Held annually in historic Gettysburg, attendees will have the opportunity to walk in the footsteps of the Civil War's legendary leaders to learn how their challenges, success -- and even defeat -- provide great leadership lessons that can, and should be, applied today. Historic Gettysburg serves as the backdrop for this retreat, which is designed to give executives the skills they need to collaborate, manage change, and maximize organizational performance. Group discounts are available for The 2016 OPEN MINDS Executive Leadership Retreat. Early registration is encouraged as sessions and activities have maximum capacity limits. Register today or learn more at leadership.openminds.com.
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence firm specializing in the sectors of the health and human service industry serving individuals with complex support needs: mental health; addiction treatment; children and family services; intellectual and developmental disabilities; chronic disease management; long term care; social services; correctional health care, reentry and diversion; and juvenile justice.
Founded in 1987 and based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the 75+ associates believe by providing the latest market intelligence and management best practices to organizations serving the health and social support needs of the most vulnerable consumers, those organizations will be better able to provide efficient and effective services. Learn more at www.openminds.com.