BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - May 13, 2014) - uTest, the former name of the company now known as Applause, has re-launched as a hub for all things related to professional testers and software testing. The new uTest will be an open community providing testers and test engineers with industry news, training opportunities, testing tool reviews, events and more. With this new mission, uTest aims to build a million-tester community. The goal is to create the most inclusive, informative & important brand in the lives of testers.
While members of the uTest community can still earn paid projects from the company now known as Applause, uTest will be the place that helps testers to better perform their current job, and better prepare for their next job.
uTest's offerings for testers include:
- NEWS: A single-source, real-time news feed where testers can stay up-to-date on all that's happening in the world of test & QA.
- COURSES: Also known as uTest University, this is where testers have the opportunity to learn the latest skills for the modern testing landscape. Courses are written by top members of the global community, as well as industry-leading thought leaders.
- DISCUSSIONS: Where members can discuss new testing trends or tech, talk about the trials of being a tester, solicit or give career advice, or just connect with fellow uTest community members.
- TOOL REVIEWS: Where members can learn more about the most popular and highest-rated testing tools based on real tester feedback. Members can also suggest new tools for review and rate them, providing valuable insight to their testing peers.
- EVENTS: Where all of the tester-focused conferences, meet-ups and webinars that take place around the world are consolidated into one calendar.
"For decades, testers have been underserved, and often forgotten -- even within their own organizations. uTest celebrates testers and testing, partnering with tool vendors and events companies to provide our community with 100% free training, vibrant discussions, tool reviews, and an industry events calendar," said Peter Shih, Vice President of Community for uTest. "As the professional network for testers and test engineers, uTest's mission is to elevate the QA profession and provide a way for testers to learn from, and connect with, one another."
Interested test and QA professionals can join the uTest Community for free on the uTest website.
uTest is the world's largest open community dedicated to professionals testers and software testing. With 140,000 professional testers already on board, our purpose is to promote and advance the testing profession, and the people who do this vital work. Learn more at www.utest.com and http://blog.utest.com, and follow @uTest on Twitter.