COLUMBIA, MO--(Marketwired - October 21, 2016) - The Department of Veterans Affairs, Network Contracting Office (NCO) 15 is conducting market research to help determine the availability and technical capabilities of qualified vendors who can furnish, install, and maintain a carbon dioxide C02 Transmyocardial Revascularization (TMR) Heart Laser 2 System at the Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans Hospital, Columbia, MO 65201.
When responding, potential sources must provide the following information:
- Company name, address, phone number, primary contact(s), e-mail address, NAICS code(s), business size (i.e., small/large), and DUNS Number.
- Capability Statement that demonstrates ability of providing the item, past performance in providing this type of service, references, other related information, and, if applicable, examples of prior completed government contracts.
The provided heart laser must provide the following features or others that exceed the below capabilities:
- Mobile unit, capable of being moved from one operating room to another easily
- Flexible arm with right-angle handpiece which reaches the back of the heart
- Atraumatic surface that contacts the heart wall
- Capable of creating small 1 mm channels as conduits through the wall of the left ventricle of the heart to reestablish direct blood flow
- Channels created in a single pulse
- Computerized touch screen operation
- Any data storage device must be removable or totally data erasable prior to the heart laser's removal from the Veterans Administration facility
This laser shall be furnished on a cost per procedure basis. The VA Medical Center will purchase a minimum of one procedural kit per month, which will cover the price of the kit and the monthly expense of the equipment including two preventative maintenance inspections and testing per year, and all required maintenance during the term of the contract. The term of the agreement will be one year, with an option to extend the agreement annually for a total of four years.
The contractor also must be able to provide:
- Heart Laser System
- Foot pedal for laser activation
- Six pairs of laser safety eyewear
- Equipment Installation, Surgeon Training, Staff Training and Maintenance:
- Installation and set-up of the system will be performed by a PLC Service Engineer
- Off-site didactic training for up to two surgeons
- One on-site surgeon clinical support
- On-site training for administrators, billing, coding, and pre-certification certificate
- On-site training for Biomed personnel on daily upkeep of laser
- Repair and Maintenance
- Emergency on-site response within 24 hours, and all repairs completed within 48 hours after telephonic notification, or the ability to supply a replacement system in full working condition
- A company service engineer or other authorized representative must perform all repairs
- All labor travel costs and associated expenses to repair and maintain the Heart Laser System will be included and provided by the contract awardee at no additional cost.
- All software and hardware upgrades as determined by the contractor.
- Staff Training
- On-site laser operator training for two hospital employees
- On-site nursing staff training
- On-site operating room staff training
- On-site reimbursement training for administrators, billing and coding, and pre-certification staff
Contractor also must be able to provide patient brochures.
The cost of the one minimum kit each month will be automatically billed and shipped. These include payment for use of the equipment as well as maintenance, repair, and training. Additional kits may be ordered.
Items offered are to be contractor's standard commercial product line and as such, shall conform to the specifications defined in the contractor's product and technical data.
Should equipment delivered under this contract fail to meet the requirements of the above specifications, contractor shall be responsible for all costs associated with the upgrading or replacement of equipment to meet the requirements specified.
To receive the contract, contractors must be registered with the System for Award Management (SAM) database, and have as part of the Registration all current Representations and Certifications.
US Federal Contractor Registration, the world's largest third-party government registration firm, completes this required Registration on behalf of its clients. It also makes available information about opportunities like this, as well as training on how to locate, research, and respond to opportunities.
For more information, to get started with a SAM registration, or to learn more about how US Federal Contractor Registration can help your business succeed, call 877-252-2700, ext. 1.