HOUSTON, TX--(Marketwired - February 20, 2017) - The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) released on February 20 a sources sought notice for contractors capable of and interested in providing the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center in Houston with a Patient Care Transmitter with Locking Clamp (262KHz), RF Technologies part number 9450-4262.
The VA released this sources sought notice to gain knowledge of potential qualified sources and their size classifications (Service-Disabled/Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB/VOSB), HubZone, 8(a), small, small disadvantaged, woman-owned small business, FSS/GSA contract schedule holders, or large business) relative to NAICS Code 339112, Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing. After reviewing responses, the VA will decide if it will release a solicitation.
E-mail questions and responses to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 11:30 CST on February 24. Responses must include the following information:
- Capability statement of no more than five pages that demonstrates how the company has the supervision, facilities, labor, and experience to provide the required equipment
- Past performance performing this services to the VA, other government (federal or state) agency, or a private facility
- Availability to provide the equipment (by when company can deliver it)
- Physical address
- Business size and socio-economic status
- If business is large or small, and, if small, if it qualifies as a small, emerging business, or small disadvantaged business (if disadvantaged, specify under which disadvantaged group and if company is certified under Section 8(a) of the Small Business Act)
- If business is a certified HubZone firm, woman-owned or -operated business, SDVOSB, and/or VOSB
- DUNS number
The subject line of response e-mail must read "Attention: Safeplace WanderGuard Transmitter Purchase VA256-17-N-0351."
To receive the contract, contractors also must be registered with the System for Award Management (SAM) database, and have as part of the Registration all current Representations and Certifications.
US Federal Contractor Registration, the world's largest third-party government registration firm, completes the required Registrations on behalf of its clients. It also makes available information about opportunities like this, as well as training on how to locate, research, and respond to opportunities.
For more information, to get started with a SAM registration, or to learn more about how US Federal Contractor Registration can help your business succeed, call 877-252-2700, ext. 1.
We also make available for our clients and for contracting officers our proprietary Advanced Federal Procurement Data Search (AFPDS). Our Advanced Federal Procurement Data Search (AFPDS) gives you in one place instant bid notifications, bid proposal prospecting, and information about government procurement officers. We make this search tool available to clients, as part of our commitment to helping each and every USFCR client succeed and thrive as a government contractor.
For contracting officers, the AFPDS gives them in one place access to a database of available contractors and also a place to post information about opportunities. Contracting officers get free access to AFPDS. We also provide interested contracting officers a list of contractors who may be able to provide a service and/or product that they need.
US Federal Contractor Registration also helps qualified businesses become certified as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business.
To learn more about how we can help you succeed as a government contractor, call 877-252-2700, ext. 1.