SOURCE: US Tax Professionals

US Tax Professionals Logo

November 18, 2015 10:30 ET

Vancouver US Tax Accountants US Tax Professionals Ltd. Address the Tricky Scenario of Amended Tax Return

Vancouver US Tax Accountant US Tax Professionals Ltd. Has Created a List of 10 Handy Tips for Filing an Amended Return With the IRS

VANCOUVER, BC--(Marketwired - November 18, 2015) - US Tax Professionals Ltd., a Vancouver based firm that specializes in cross border taxation, has some comforting news for anyone who has ever made a mistake on their tax return. If you realize you've made an error and need to re-file with the IRS, you can expedite the process with these 10 handy tips. For more information, go to:

The article begins by advising readers of which circumstances will require them to file an amended return.

"You should amend your tax return if you need to correct your filing status, the number of dependents you claimed, or your total income. You should also amend your return to claim tax deductions or tax credits that you did not claim when you filed your original return. The instructions for Form 1040X, Amended US Individual Income Tax Return, list more reasons to amend a return."

The blog also contains information on what do if you've waited for more than a year, how to claim an additional credit, how to pay an additional tax, and information on filling out additional forms.

"Each and every taxpayer has a set of fundamental rights they should be aware of when dealing with the IRS. These are your Taxpayer Bill of Rights. Explore your rights and our obligations to protect your peace of mind."

About the Company

US Tax Professionals Ltd. provide tax services for dual American and Canadian citizens in Vancouver. Founded in 2013, they specialize in taxation for US citizens and expats, taxation and accounting for business, cross border taxation for US and Canadian citizens, as well as accounting and taxation of alternative investments, including private equity funds and hedge funds.

For more information visit or call 778-873-4812.

Contact Information