OSLO, NORWAY and LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM and STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN and PARIS, FRANCE and NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Nov 15, 2016) - Varnish Software, a pioneer in caching software and high-performance content delivery, today announced Varnish Plus with parallel ESI and Edgestash, new features that significantly improve content delivery on mobile, enhancing user experience and content engagement. The new release of Varnish Plus also includes highly scalable TCP acceleration to speed up application and content delivery by up to 40 percent.
As the percentage of consumers accessing the web via mobile devices continues to climb, increasing the speed of mobile content delivery is a bigger priority than ever before. This new version of Varnish Plus, built on the best-in-class caching software, Varnish Cache, includes two new groundbreaking features that deliver significant improvements to users' web performance on mobile devices:
- Parallel ESI -- Addressing the challenges of web infrastructure scaling, this feature enables a web page to immediately seek out and fetch needed fragments all at the same time which kills latency and provides excellent responsiveness for ESI-heavy pages. The result is a significant performance increase, delivering dynamic webpages up to 75 percent faster.
- Edgestash -- A pure templating language that quickly does the actual page assembly at the network edge, speeding up delivery for mobile web pages. This feature allows for content rendering "on the wire" by moving the page assemble logic from the browser to the edge (server side). Client-side logic and page assembly can still exist, but when complemented with this kind of edge-side rendering, it becomes much more manageable and high performance, especially on mobile.
These two new features will be gradually rolled out during the coming weeks.
The new version of Varnish Plus is also ideal for dynamic content transmission across a wide range of web applications and streaming content accessed by a broad set of users and devices. New features include:
- Highly scalable intelligent TCP -- Improves application and content delivery and relieves congestion on networks with high latency.
- High-performance software load balancing -- Distributes web traffic requests among different servers to ensure high availability and optimal traffic management while avoiding overload of any one server and defending against denial of service attacks.
- Truly dynamic backends -- Makes cloud deployments easy by providing flexible DNS-driven backend definitions.
- SSL-TLS to backend servers -- Provides one modern, minimalistic and fast TLS proxy that improves website security by encrypting communication without relying on third-party solutions.
- Enhanced persistence -- Massive Storage Engine (MSE) cache contents persist through intentional or unintentional restarts, avoiding costly retransmission of large video or data sets.
"We are living in a new digital era where consumers are demanding a more personalized and instant web experience accessible from any device over any network. If your service is not living up to these expectations your users will move their online time and business elsewhere. This evolution presents new challenges to your content delivery architecture. We are now introducing a series of innovations to help businesses overcome these challenges," said Lars Larsson CEO, Varnish Software.
Availability and pricing
Varnish Plus is available from Varnish-Software.com on a subscription-based pricing model starting at $31,000 for a three-node cluster. The Varnish Plus Intelligent TCP accelerator component is priced separately, starting at $4,000. Varnish Plus is also available on the AWS marketplace. Learn more about the Varnish Plus cloud offering here.
Join our live webinar 4 ways to speed your web & mobile, January 17th at 4pm CET/ 10am EST.
Contact Varnish Software to find out more about this latest release of Varnish Plus and to try it for yourself in a free, no-risk trial.
Find out more about Varnish Plus: https://www.varnish-software.com/products/varnish-plus/
About Varnish Software
Varnish Software is a pioneer in high-performance digital content delivery including web scaling, API management and content distribution. Powered by a uniquely flexible caching technology, Varnish Software's products, are the indispensable common denominators among the world's most popular websites and brands, such as The New York Times, Vimeo, Tesco, Nikon, and Tesla. Varnish Software's solutions enable organizations worldwide to provide fast and reliable digital content delivery at any scale while giving them the flexibility to maintain control over their content and make the technology their own. Varnish Software has offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Stockholm, Oslo and Paris.