SOURCE: Industrial Info Resources

June 16, 2008 05:30 ET

Vedanta Resources to Invest $20 Billion in Indian Power and Metals Expansion, an Industrial Info News Alert

BANGALORE, INDIA--(Marketwire - June 16, 2008) - Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas) -- Vedanta Resources PLC (LSE:VED) (London), an integrated and diversified FTSE 250 (Financial Times top stock index) metals and mining group, plans to invest $20 billion in India over the next four years in a major expansion drive spanning electricity generation, metal and mining operations. Of these, 70% will be invested in the aluminum and power generation sectors while the remaining 30% will be invested in expansions in its copper and zinc operations. The investment plan is for organic growth to establish the group's presence in emerging markets.

For details, view the entire article by subscribing to Industrial Info's Premium Industry News at, or browse other breaking industrial news stories at

Industrial Info Resources (IIR) is a marketing information service specializing in industrial process, energy and financial related markets with products and services ranging from industry news, analytics, forecasting, plant and project databases, as well as multimedia services. For more information send inquiries to or visit us at

Related News Articles

Hindustan Dorr-Oliver Wins $62.5 Million Vedanta Alumina Expansion Contract

Reality Check for India's 78,000-Megawatt Power Target as Chinese Bag Contracts

Vedanta Targets Global Metals League with $15 Billion Investment

Contact Information

  • Contact:
    Joe Govreau