CHATSWORTH, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 15, 2012) - Venstar's top-rated ColorTouch® Wi-Fi thermostat is one of the hottest gifts this holiday season, appealing to everyone from tech gadget lovers to the eco-friendly, including the person who has everything. ColorTouch gives users a multi-functional, simple-to-use, richly featured, programmable touch screen thermostat that thinks it's a digital picture frame -- all while helping reduce energy costs. The thermostat even features special holiday screen savers for both daytime and evening settings. Shoppers can also surprise their gift recipients by pre-loading personal photographs onto the thermostat as well as selecting from a number of different faceplates to match the interior design.
"ColorTouch is a practical -- yet sleek enough to be a gift -- thermostat, perfect for anyone who owns a home," said Steve Dushane, president and CEO of Venstar Inc., a leading thermostat and energy management systems manufacturer. "Techies love its unique programming features and ability to monitor and control their HVAC systems from a mobile device. The eco-minded users appreciate its energy-saving features and ability to track energy usage day-to-day, week-to-week, and month-to-month. It's the ideal gift for that person on your holiday shopping list who's hard to impress."
About the ColorTouch Programmable Wi-Fi Thermostat
ColorTouch is a multi-functional, simple-to-use, richly featured, programmable touch screen thermostat that thinks it's a digital picture frame. ColorTouch has customizable backgrounds, including the users' own photos, and more than a dozen preset themes, including holiday themes.
Product Features and Benefits include:
- Wi-Fi key that lets users control the thermostat from their mobile devices via Skyport™ Cloud Services;
- Skyport Mobile App, which is compatible with Apple iPhone®, iTouch®, iPad®, Android, Mac and PC devices;
- Scheduler to program temperatures for up to four periods per day (seven days a week) to maximize energy savings;
- At-a-glance Screen, letting users see the temperature and heating/cooling status;
- Customizable appearance using users' own photos or built-in nature and holiday themes;
- Engaging screensavers with slideshow, digital and analog clock options;
- "Simple As You Want" operation, which lets users customize the thermostat info on display;
- SD Memory Card, making import/export between thermostats easy;
- ColorTouch Assistant software, which makes configuring fast and easy;
- Nighttime dimmer, which automatically adjusts the screen backlight;
- Energy usage info at the user's fingertips;
- Security features for locking the thermostat;
- Customizable faceplates to match home décor; and
- Automatic daylight savings adjustments, multiple languages, alerts and more.
Venstar sells ColorTouch via nationwide and international distribution networks with thousands of contractors. For more information, visit: http://www.venstar.com/Thermostats/ColorTouch
About Venstar Inc.
Founded in 1992, Venstar Inc. is a leading thermostat and energy management system (EMS) supplier, known for providing value to its customers via ease of use and installation, proven cost savings, improved energy efficiency, quality and reliability. Venstar is one of the largest thermostat suppliers in the world and designs and produces Venstar-branded products, as well as OEM thermostat products for the biggest names in HVAC. Venstar's Surveyor is a leading energy management system, typically saving small-box retailers 25 percent of their energy costs, which translates to millions of dollars in savings and dramatic reductions in C02 emissions. Surveyor currently controls the energy usage of more than 14,000 retail locations across the United States, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Web site: www.venstar.com