NEW DELHI, INDIA--(Marketwire - Jan 6, 2013) - Convergence India 2013 -- Verimatrix, the specialist in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-network, multi-screen digital TV services around the globe, has selected India -- a pivotal market for emerging hybrid pay television networks -- to kick-off its Multi-network Solutions in the Real World Forum series in 2013. On day two of the Convergence India event in New Delhi, the Forum's expert panelists will debate how Indian pay-TV operators can leverage digitalization initiatives to implement innovative multi-network deployment strategies that fuel subscriber and revenue growth.
Panelists from Ericsson, iNovo Broadband, Magnaquest and Verimatrix will discuss how progressive operators can support hybrid, or multi-network, video services with a range of networks, including traditional cable hybrid fiber coax networks or a combination of two or more network types, including over-the-top (OTT) delivery. The complimentary Forum is scheduled for 17 Jan. 2013 from 14:30 - 16:00 hours in Hall 18 on the Upper Floor. Scheduled presentations include:
- Implementing Smart Hybrid Networks to Drive Growth
- Enhancing ARPU through Cloud-based Services
- CPE Strategy for Profitable Multi-Screen Services
- Addressable Security Strategies for Multi-network Service Delivery
The panel will be moderated by Avni Rambhia, senior industry analyst, Digital Media, Frost & Sullivan. To sign up to attend the Forum, please visit www.verimatrix.com/CI2013
In addition, VP of Marketing Steve Christian will be participating on the "Post Digitization Scenario in India -- DTH vs. Cable TV Operators" panel, along with other industry executives on 17 Jan. 2013 at 10:00 - 11:30 hours in Session 1.
"As we enter the next phase of India's digitalization of cable TV, a highly competitive market has emerged, focusing on transitioning and growing subscriber revenue. Successful deployments in this region will serve as a beacon for pay-TV operators in other countries facing the analog-to-digital transition," said Steve Oetegenn, chief sales and marketing officer, Verimatrix. "We look forward to sharing practical strategies for managing technology and business model upgrades."
In booth #C-64, Verimatrix will also be demonstrating how its award winning Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) can solve multi-screen video services challenges by providing a unified revenue security platform that supports innovative cardless security and broadcast-IP hybrid solutions. Planned demonstrations include:
- DVB and Multi-network Revenue security - Highlighting the ViewRight® DVB cardless security client & DVB hybrid solutions that fully exploit the hardware and software security technology of modern set-top box (STB) microprocessors to achieve cost effective service delivery.
- OTT Revenue Security - Using the VCAS for Internet TV security solution, video delivered via an enhanced security HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) protocol is secured to all iOS and Android-based tablets and smartphones, connected TVs/STBs, and PC/Mac platforms. The complementary MultiRights security architecture enables parallel delivery of HLS, Smooth Streaming and MPEG-DASH services with an integrated approach to rights management.
To schedule a meeting at the event, please click here.
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-network, multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The award-winning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and ViewRight® solutions enable cable, satellite, terrestrial, IPTV and OTT operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models. As the established leader in cardless security solutions, the company has leveraged its innovative 3-Dimensional Security approach to provide a harmonized rights platform for premium content delivery to a range of devices over new hybrid network combinations.
Maintaining close relationships with major studios, broadcasters, standards organizations and its unmatched partner ecosystem enables Verimatrix to provide a unique perspective on video business issues beyond content security as operators introduce new services to take advantage of the proliferation of connected devices. Verimatrix is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company. For more information, please visit www.verimatrix.com, our Pay TV Views blog and follow us at @verimatrixinc, Facebook and LinkedIn to join the conversation.