TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Sept. 4, 2014) - In its 18th year as a proud sponsor of the Toronto International Film Festival running from September 4 to 14, 2014, Visa Canada today announced a series of experiences it will offer to Festivalgoers to transform them from spectators into active participants. Interactive experiences include photo projections of Festivalgoers on a giant LED screen, six second video contributions to a multi-chaptered storyline at the Infinite Story Booth, privileged access for Visa Infinite cardholders and more.
An internationally recognized event, this year's Festival is expected to feature 392 films from 79 countries with 30,943 minutes of film. Visa is the preferred payment product of the TIFF Festival. In 2013, 70 per cent of all Festival sales and 75 per cent of all credit card sales were paid using a Visa card.
"Throughout our long history as a sponsor of the TIFF Festival, we've continued to expand access for filmgoers with interactive experiences that heighten the Festival excitement," said Brenda Woods, Head of Marketing, Visa Canada. "This year, we're putting people at the centre of their Festival story and providing great new opportunities to share their experiences with friends in social media."
The experiences will take place at Roy Thomson Hall, in the heart of the Festival, and the Visa Screening Room at Elgin Theatre. These include:
- An Infinite Story Booth at Roy Thomson Hall where Festivalgoers can contribute a six second video clip alongside celebrities to an ongoing and improvisational add-on storyline that will be shared every day through social media
- An opportunity to ask questions of select film casts at Visa Screening Room Q&As via Twitter and the hashtag #InfiniteTIFF; questions will be pre-selected with answers delivered and amplified in real time
- A giant LED screen at King and Simcoe St. with photo projections of participants along with a short personalized story, easily sharable on social media networks
- Priority Line for Visa Infinite cardholders at the Visa Screening Room at Elgin Theatre; select cardholders will receive access to the Visa Infinite Lounge or the Visa Infinite Privilege Lounge
- The renowned fan-favourite Twitter Mirror, a new addition for 2014 available in the Visa Infinite Lounge for the duration of the Festival; Twitter users can follow Twitter Mirror Tweets with the hashtag #InfiniteTIFF
Visa Infinite provides cardholders with one-of-a-kind, memorable experiences for themselves, their family and friends. This includes exceptional benefits at some of the world's finest hotels, exclusive access to music, dining and sports events and a complimentary 24/7 concierge service. For more information about Visa Infinite please visit visainfinite.ca.
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions, and governments in more than 200 countries and territories to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments. We operate one of the world's most advanced processing networks - VisaNet - that is capable of handling more than 47,000 transaction messages a second, with fraud protection for consumers and assured payment for merchants. Visa is not a bank and does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations, however, enable its financial institution customers to offer consumers more choices: pay now with debit, pay ahead of time with prepaid or pay later with credit products. For more information, visit corporate.visa.com and @VisaNewsCA.