OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - July 26, 2013) -
Vita Health Products Inc., in consultation with Health Canada, is voluntarily recalling three lots of its Compliments Iron Ferrous Gluconate tablets (Product number: NPN 00582727; package of 100, 324 mg tablets) sold across Canada due to a labelling error. The company has identified that at least one bottle labelled as Compliments Iron Ferrous Gluconate 324 mg tablets actually contained Iron Ferrous Sulfate, 300 mg tablets, which poses a risk to adults with allergies to sulfate. To date, there have been no adverse reactions reported to Vita Health Products Inc. and Health Canada concerning these lots.
Who is affected:
Those with an allergy to sulfate are at risk.
What consumers should do
- Consult their health care practitioner if they have used this product and are concerned about their health.
- Return the product to the place of purchase or call Vita Health Products Inc. at 1-800-665-8820, Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST for further instruction.
- Visit Vita Health Products Inc. recall notice for more information.
- Report any adverse reactions to Health Canada.
- Read the label of the products you buy to verify that they have been assessed by Health Canada for safety, effectiveness and quality. Health products that have been authorized for sale by Health Canada will have an eight-digit Drug Identification Number (DIN), a Natural Product Number (NPN) or a Homeopathic Medicine Number (DIN-HM) on the label.
What Health Canada is doing:
Health Canada is monitoring Vita Health's recall and will inform Canadians if new information comes to light.
||Date of Manufacture
||Date of Expiry
|Compliments Iron Ferrous Gluconate 324mg tablets,
Photos of the products are available at the following address: http://media3.marketwire.com/docs/vita.pdf
For more information:
Consumers and health professionals wanting more information about this advisory from Health Canada can contact the Public Enquiries Line at 613-957-2991, or toll free at 1-866-225-0709.
Media enquiries related to this Advisory should be directed to Health Canada Media Relations at 613-957-2983.
More information is also available from Vita Health Inc. by calling 1-800-665-8820, Monday-Friday 9am-5:30 pm EST.
How to report side effects to Health Canada:
- Call toll-free at 1-866-234-2345
- Visit MedEffect Canada's web page on Adverse Reaction Reporting for information on how to report online, by mail or by fax.
Related Health Canada Web content:
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
Également disponible en français