BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - August 17, 2016) - VMTurbo today announced that Q2 2016 was its 24th consecutive quarter, six straight years, of record growth. In addition, the company announced it was rebranding to become Turbonomic, the autonomic cloud platform, to reflect customers' embrace of real-time autonomic systems that enable their application workloads to self-manage across private and public cloud environments, continuously maintaining a healthy state of performance, efficiency and agility with no manual intervention required.
"Over 1,500 advanced customers rely on the Turbonomic platform to manage the complexity and cost of their plethora of applications," said Ben Nye, CEO Turbonomic. "Why allow applications to break and alert, when the Turbonomic platform can assure application performance in real-time, autonomically?"
Turbonomic customers -- including many of the largest global financial services, technology vendors, carriers and service providers, life sciences, health care providers and consumer product companies -- are leveraging Turbonomic to assure application performance in their growing data center and cloud environments. In addition, Turbonomic earned a spot on Inc. magazine's 500 fastest growing companies for the second year running.
"Turbonomic has become the autonomic system for our data center, enabling us to trust placement, sizing and many other decisions with it, so we can focus on adding greater value to the business," said Steve Senecal, Applied Infrastructure Technologist at Travelport. "It has saved us time and money by matching application demand with infrastructure supply, avoiding needless over-provisioning of hardware."
Turbonomic's latest quarter saw its highest revenue since the company was founded, adding some of the most sophisticated enterprise customers from industries such as financial services, technology and health care to total over 1,500 worldwide, including companies such as Merck, BMO Financial, Humana, Sharp Healthcare, Accelity, Moz, University of Chicago Medical and Brandeis University.
In Q2, channel partners also contributed a record amount of revenue to Turbonomic's quarter.
"These guys have been on fire this year; having Turbonomic in our portfolio helps our customers truly understand the impact that an autonomic platform can have on their environments," said Rob Wentz, VP of Business Development & Alliances at Cumberland Group. "Downloading and installing in under an hour, and generating actionable, real-time decisions on how to improve a customer's environment shortly thereafter, Turbonomic provides immediate value enabling us to deliver the ROI our customers expect from us as a trusted advisor."
Key Q2 metrics include:
- 24 consecutive quarters of record growth
- A record 230 transactions in Q2 adding customers to the Turbonomic family such as Accelity, Humana, Moz, and the University of Utah
- Strong repeat business from existing customers with transactions from JP Morgan Chase, Merck, BMO Financial, Expedia, GM Financial and Barclays
- Earning a spot in Inc. Magazine's list of the 500 fastest-growing companies, for the second consecutive year with an Inc. estimated three-year growth of 954%
"Turbonomic's autonomic cloud platform continuously drives customer environments to their desired state with no thinking necessary, helping our customers assure performance of their applications, increasing efficiency and agility," said Shmuel Kliger, President and Founder of Turbonomic. "By providing autonomic control from the application all the way down to storage, we enable our customers to embrace and transform to any technology solution -- from private to public cloud, from traditional VMs to containers running on PaaS -- with confidence."
Key Technology Innovations include:
- Seamless integration with ServiceNow enabling customers self-management and intelligent placement decisions for their hybrid cloud
- Seamless integration with HPE OneView enabling customers to accelerate transition to hybrid infrastructure
- Real-time public cloud cost optimization, leveraging a customer's pricing across cloud service providers to assure performance and minimize costs as they scale on one or multiple public clouds
- Broader instrumentation for Java application including components of SAP (NetWeaver) and other mission critical distributed apps
- Performance and user experience improvements for customers managing web-scale environments with order of magnitude improvements in speed of algorithms and enabling operations, engineering and capacity planning teams with a consistent understanding of the environment
To learn more about Turbonomic, visit turbonomic.com
Turbonomic's autonomic cloud platform enables heterogeneous environments to self-manage to assure performance of any application in any cloud. Turbonomic's patented autonomic decision engine dynamically analyzes application demand and allocates the full supply chain of all shared resources to all applications in real time, to maintain environments continuously in a healthy state.
According to Inc. 500, Turbonomic is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the virtualization and cloud space. Turbonomic's autonomic platform is trusted by thousands of enterprises to accelerate their adoption of virtual, cloud, and container deployments for all mission critical applications.