SOURCE: Voltage Security
December 06, 2010 07:15 ET
Voltage SecureData Open License Program Continues Growth
Zero-Cost Licensing Appeals to Wide Variety of Industry POS Vendors
PARIS--(Marketwire - December 6, 2010) - CARTES & IDentification 2010 - Voltage Security™, a global leader in enterprise data protection inside and outside the cloud, continues to expand its Voltage SecureData Open License Program™ with point-of-sale (POS) vendor integrations of its industry-leading end-to-end encryption solution. Announced just over a year ago, the Voltage program now includes the following POS vendors illustrating the success of the first 'at no charge' program and resulting in the widest choice for merchants looking for end-to-end encryption enabled devices. The Voltage program enables participants to protect payment card data across a wide range of channels including countertop, multilane, PIN Pad, wedge and integrated POS devices, mobile payment devices and e-commerce platforms.
"Our goal is to provide the most rapid integration of end-to-end encryption across the widest range of payment platforms, with the end-goal of making encryption-enabled device choice available to merchants," said Mark Bower, vice president of product management, Voltage Security. "Developers have seen the value in the program and are now well on their way to offering merchants this wide variety of payment platforms with industry-leading encryption from Voltage baked-in."
Open License Partners and Solutions
The following companies are participating in the Voltage SecureData Open License Program:
- Hypercom: a global POS solution provider, Hypercom (NYSE: HYC) was a charter participant in the open license program. Today, Hypercom offers Voltage end-to-end encryption integrated into the Optimum Countertop and L4150 Multilane family of devices, and is in the process of integrating into its 5000-series devices.
- UIC: was the first to offer Voltage End-to-End Encryption inside Heartland Payment System's E3™ range of terminals -- these are now in use at over 7,700 merchants.
- XAC Automation Corporation (Taiwan NASDAQ: 5490): one of the world's leading private label electronic payment system manufacturers, has completed integration of Voltage end-to-end encryption into its wedge POS solutions.
- ExaDigm: the leading innovator of wired, wireless and integrated payment solutions in is the process of completing its integration.
- ID TECH: a leading provider of automatic identification products and components is in the process of integrating Voltage end-to-end encryption with ID TECH's wide range of point-of-sale financial transaction products and components including magnetic stripe, smart and contactless card readers, POS keyboards, signature capture devices, and secure PIN entry products.
- Radiant Inc. (NASDAQ: RADS): is in the process of integrating Voltage-powered end-to-end encryption with Radiant's line of point of sale hardware and software solutions, used by thousands of retail, hospitality, petroleum, and entertainment outlets around the globe.
- ViVOtech: is in the process of implementing a Voltage-powered end-to-end encryption point-of-sales (POS) solution in its ViVOpay line of industry-leading contactless NFC payment terminals.
About Voltage Security
Voltage Security, Inc., an enterprise security company, is an encryption innovator and global leader in enterprise data protection for data residing both inside and outside the cloud. Voltage solutions provide cloud-scale encryption and simplified key management for protecting sensitive information wherever it is stored and processed, on-premise or in private and public clouds. Voltage solutions are in use at almost 1,000 enterprise customers, including some of the world's leading brand-name companies in payments, banking, retail, insurance, energy, healthcare and government.
Voltage solutions reduce the risks associated with theft of sensitive and private information, support privacy guidelines including PCI DSS, HITECH, U.S. Data Breach Disclosure laws and European Data Privacy directives, and uniquely provide security of data coupled with unmatched usability which results in significantly lowered total cost of ownership.
Harnessing award-winning cryptography and key management, including Voltage Identity-Based Encryption™ (IBE) and a breakthrough innovation in data usability, Format-Preserving Encryption™ (FPE), Voltage solutions have changed how enterprises protect their most valuable asset, their customer data. Offerings include Voltage SecureMail™, Voltage SecureData™, Voltage SecureFile™ and Voltage Cloud Services™ which provides cloud scale encryption and key management for businesses, partners and their customers. The Company has been issued several patents based upon breakthrough research in mathematics and cryptographic systems. To learn more about Voltage customers please visit voltage.com/customers.
Note: Voltage Identity-Based Encryption, Voltage Format-Preserving Encryption, Voltage SecureMail, Voltage SecureFile, Voltage SecureData and the Voltage Cloud Services are registered trademarks of Voltage Security, Inc.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.