MALVERN, PA--(Marketwire - Nov 26, 2012) - Vishay Precision Group, Inc. (NYSE: VPG) today announced that its Vishay Foil Resistors brand (VFR) is making it easier than ever for analog circuit designers to obtain its most popular Bulk Metal® Foil resistors. Known as the POP9 -- the "9 Pillars of Precision" -- these in-demand products are guaranteed to be in stock through VPG's worldwide network of catalog suppliers and distributors, with fast delivery and no minimum order quantity.
The POP9 resistors are VFR's nine most popular precision resistor products used by analog circuit designers in the most demanding applications, including avionics, military and space (AMS), medical, precision instrumentation, metrology, and process control systems. Because design engineers worldwide depend so heavily upon the performance of these unique products, VPG is working with its distributors to guarantee quick access to the design solutions. This wide availability of precision resistors in guaranteed stock adds extra levels of support to commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) designs.
VFR's POP9 includes:
- VSMP (Z-Foil) (0603 to 2512): The VSMP series features load-life stability to 0.005%, low TCR to 0.05 ppm/°C, power coefficient (change of resistance due to self-heating) of 5 ppm at rated power, and electrostatic discharge (ESD) at least to 25 kV.
- VAR (Z-Foil): For audio applications, VAR through-hole resistors combine low noise to 0.010 microvolts RMS/V of applied voltage (less than -40 dB), low inductance/capacitance, and distortion-free properties.
- SMR1DZ/SMR3DZ (Z-Foil): The unique flexible terminations of the SMR1DZ/SMR3DZ surface-mount resistors ensure minimal stress transference from the PCB due to a difference in coefficient of thermal expansion (CTE).
- SMNZ (Z-Foil): For amplifier applications -- to achieve excellent common mode rejection ratios (CMRR) -- surface-mount, four-resistor SMNZ networks are the most precise resistor networks in dual-in-line packages.
- S102: S102 through-hole molded resistors are built to handle unconventional environmental conditions with minimal drift for more than 10,000 hours.
- VCS1625: VCS1625 Series surface-mount current sensing chip resistors with Kelvin connections offer low TCR to 0.05 ppm/°C (0°C to +60°C) and thermal EMF of 0.05 microvolts/°C typical.
- DSMZ (Z-Foil): Providing a voltage divider with a matched pair of Bulk Metal Z-Foil resistors in a small epoxy molded package, the DSMZ voltage divider network's integrated construction offers improved performance and better real estate utilization over discrete resistors.
- CSM: Rated up to 5 W, the CSM Series of surface-mount current sensing power metal foil resistors features resistance down to 1 milliohm and 0.1% tolerance.
- 1240W: The 1240W through-hole trimming potentiometers provide smooth unidirectional output.
Identical products with additional conditioning and screening for higher-reliability applications are available directly from the VFR factory.
More information on the POP9 can be found at www.vishaypg.com/foil-resistors/pop9/. For immediate support, please contact your local catalog supplier.
Further information about VFR products is available at www.vishayfoilresistors.com. Follow VFR at twitter.com/foilresistor.
About VPG Foil Resistors
Distinguished by the premier brands Vishay Foil Resistors, Powertron, and Alpha Electronics, VPG Foil Resistors is part of Vishay Precision Group (VPG), producing the most precise and stable resistors available. The portfolio comprises products in a variety of resistor and package configurations to meet the needs of a wide range of applications: discrete resistors and resistor networks in surface mount and through-hole (fixed-lead) configurations; customized chip resistor networks; precision trimming potentiometers; and discrete chips for use in hybrid circuits. The foil resistors and current sensors are used in applications requiring a high degree of precision and stability, such as in medical testing equipment, semiconductor equipment, precision measuring instruments, aerospace, and military applications.
About Vishay Precision Group
Vishay Precision Group (VPG) is an internationally recognized designer, manufacturer and marketer of: components based on its resistive foil technology; sensors; and sensor-based systems specializing in the growing markets of stress, force, weight, pressure, and current measurements. VPG is a market leader of Foil Technology Products, providing ongoing technology innovations in precision foil resistors and foil strain gages, which are the foundation of the Company's Force Sensors Products and its Weighing and Control Systems. The product portfolio consists of a variety of well-established brand names recognized for precision and quality in the marketplace. To learn more, visit VPG at www.vishaypg.com.
Link to POP9 image: