SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire - Feb 13, 2013) - VSS Monitoring, a leader in network packet brokers (NPBs), today announced that it will join with TMCnet, a global integrated media company, to jointly host a webinar next week on the current state of security in today's complex networks, and approaches to protect networks from external and internal cyber-attacks.
During the webinar, entitled "Cyber Barbarians at the Gate!", Gordon Beith, VSS Monitoring Director of Product Management, and Leena Merciline, VSS Monitoring Senior Product Manager, will discuss large enterprise data center security strategies for keeping "cyber barbarians" out, and keeping networks running at peak performance. Peter Bernstein, Senior Editor at TMCnet will moderate program.
The webinar will take place on Wednesday, Feb. 20, at 11am PST/2 pm EST. Register online for this 60-minute live event at: Cyber Barbarians at the Gate!
In today's complex network security schemes, creating a "zero-day" plan to protect from external and internal cyber-attacks requires adding superior resilience to 21st century network security fortifications. Webinar attendees will learn strategies to:
- Architect Defense-in-Depth and proactively defend against advanced cyber attacks
- Rapidly evaluate and deploy best-of-breed security while keeping 99.999% up times
- Achieve 100 percent link-layer network visibility across LAN, WAN and cloud boundaries
- Gain visibility into SSL traffic, one of the greatest points of vulnerability for network security
- Add or remove in-line network security and performance acceleration tools with minimal change control and without network service downtime
- Avoid oversubscribing or underutilizing network security and monitoring tools
Attendees will also discover real-world strategies and ROI from a presented case study on how security solutions benefitted a large global enterprise. After the presentation, the event will be open for "live" Q&A. All attendees will receive a free copy of the "Network Packet Brokers for Dummies" E-book, which gives practical information to help organizations save money and leverage network monitoring and security investments.
About VSS Monitoring
VSS Monitoring is a world leader in network packet brokers (NPBs), providing a visionary, systems approach for optimizing and scaling the connectivity between network switching and the network intelligence universe of performance and security tools. VSS Monitoring network packet brokers improve tool usage and efficiency, simplify IT operations, and greatly enhance ROI from tools. For more information, visit www.vssmonitoring.com.
VSS, vBroker, vMC and vMesh are trademarks or registered trademarks of VSS Monitoring, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Any other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.