SANTA BARBARA, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 29, 2013) - Warp 9, Inc. (OTCBB: WNYN), the premier provider of eCommerce services for midsize online sellers, today announced that it has successfully moved all its eCommerce customers to its cloud based platforms and now counts basketball legend Hakeem Olajuwon as one of its newest customers.
The successful migration of all eCommerce services to the cloud is a major milestone for the company. Warp 9 can now offer custom eCommerce and mobile solutions to online sellers using the best-of-breed technology and world-class infrastructure.
Highlights of the achievements in reaching this milestone include:
- The Warp 9 team has grown significantly in the last year. Starting with 10 members in 2012, the team has grown to 35 members, including 15 new mobile developers, 10 new Magento developers and 2 new project managers. To house the team, Warp 9 has moved its headquarters to a new building in an area located adjacent to downtown Santa Barbara.
- Warp 9 has adopted Magento, an open source platform, as its primary solution for it eCommerce customers. Magento is owned by eBay Inc., a global leader in commerce technology and the Magento platform is trusted by more than 200,000 businesses, including some of the world's leading brands.
- Warp 9 has recently launched new eCommerce websites for eight different customers using the Magento platform.
- Basketball legend Hakeem Olajuwon selected Warp 9 to develop an online store offering his new clothing line, DR34M.
- Warp 9 has become a key partner to Moovweb, Inc., providing project implementation and management services for many of its Fortune 500 customers using the Moovweb Responsive Delivery platform -- a next generation mobile platform that enables a fast and easy way to unify a web, mobile and apps strategy.
- Warp 9 developed 16 mobile optimized eCommerce websites in the past year and maintains over 40 live mobile sites using the Moovweb Responsive Delivery platform.
- The company has de-commissioned its old in-house data center, which previously housed the Warp 9 legacy ICS software. Warp 9's new cloud solution is faster and far more stable, and when coupled with modern open source software such as Magento, provides customers with the highest level of reliability and scalability.
- Warp 9 launched its new corporate website focusing on its industry-leading products and services.
"We have made tremendous progress since our last report," said Andrew Van Noy, CEO of Warp 9. "Moving all services to the cloud and adopting state-of-the-art eCommerce and mobile platforms has made all the difference. Now, we are in a position to compete with anyone in the midsize market. We literally have new customers knocking at our door."
Mr. Van Noy continued, "Our progress has not come without some pain. Integrating new systems while satisfying existing customers is very challenging. We are fortunate that our customers were loyal and stuck with us during the transition. As we head into the busy holiday season, our customers are ready to participate in what many observers expect will be the biggest year ever for online sellers."
About Warp 9
Since 1998, Warp 9, Inc. is the premier provider of eCommerce solutions for midsize online sellers. Offering fully managed Software-as-a-Service web and mobile eCommerce technology, Warp 9 allows customers to focus on their core online businesses, rather than on technical implementations. To learn more about Warp 9, please visit www.warp9inc.com or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/warp9inc, or on FaceBook at www.facebook.com/warp9inc
Safe Harbor Statement
Matters discussed in this press release contain statements that look forward within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. When used in this press release, the words "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "may," "intend," "expect" and similar expressions identify such statements that look forward. Actual results, performance or achievements could differ materially from those contemplated, expressed or implied by the statements that look forward contained herein, and while expected, there is no guarantee that we will attain the aforementioned anticipated developmental milestones. These statements that look forward are based largely on the expectations of the Company and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. These include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties associated with: the impact of economic, competitive and other factors affecting the Company and its operations, markets, product, and distributor performance, the impact on the national and local economies resulting from terrorist actions, and U.S. actions subsequently; and other factors detailed in reports filed by the Company.