SOURCE: Marriott International
WASHINGTON, DC--(Marketwired - Apr 8, 2014) - Families scrambling for Spring Break plans need look no further than the nation's capital. With its historic landmarks and kid-centric activities, the District has something to intrigue everyone from preschoolers to parents. And with special promotions available at some of the best downtown hotels in DC, the spring holiday can be as economical as it is entertaining.
Kids will love the diversity of options awaiting them in downtown DC The National Mall, for example, combines two things children love best: Plenty of outdoor space and larger-than-life structures. Hemmed in by the Lincoln Memorial and the United States Capitol (with the Washington Monument sandwiched in between), the Mall is ideal for little ones to stretch their legs and their horizons.
The National Zoo is another crowd-pleaser, thanks to its extensive exhibits. For a memorable day, families can stroll through the Asia Trail to see the Giant Panda cub, Bao Bao; check out the apes, newborn lion cubs and tigers; and then wrap things up at the Kids' Farm. Or visitors can check out the bevy of museums on hand, from the 19 museums and galleries at the Smithsonian (including stunning garden tours and the Portrait Gallery), to the thrilling exhibits of both real and fictional spies (including beloved Bond villains) at the International Spy Museum.
Of course, no place puts families closer to all the action than the select DC hotels near Dupont Circle that are offering special promotions this season. And location isn't the only benefit afforded by these Washington, DC hotel packages. Guests will also find that the deals make family travel both possible and pleasurable during Easter or Spring Break. The following include some family-friendly highlights available.
- JW Marriott Washington, DC: Guests can start their sightseeing with full stomachs, thanks to the Stay for Breakfast package. Breakfast for two adults and two children is included. Use promotional code S4B when booking. 1-888-667-0713
- Mayflower Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel: Who needs London when the same double-decker bus experience is available in DC? At this historic property, visitors can receive two full-day tickets for the Hop-On-Hop-Off Open-Top Double-Decker Bus Tour and see DC the way they want to. Whether they hop on to view the sights from afar, or hop off to get a closer look, they won't miss a thing. Use promotional code TRS when booking. 1-888-505-6183
- Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel: Spy enthusiasts booking the International Spy Museum package begin their adventure with complimentary daily breakfast for two (even spies need to eat) before heading to the International Spy Museum with VIP passes to skip the line and enter the museum. To commemorate the trip, guests also enjoy a 15-percent discount at the museum's store. Use promotional code P51 when booking. Other packages entitle guests to free valet parking (rates starting at $179), or free valet parking with breakfast for two adults and two children under 6 (rates starting at $199). Use promotional code ADP when booking. 1-866-981-2392
- Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel: Avoid the two biggest hassles of the day with this boutique hotel's convenient Parking and Breakfast package. Guests enjoy complimentary parking and breakfast (for two adults and two children) to make sure their vacation gets off on the right foot every day. Or guests can opt to try the Kids Eat Free package where up to four children under the age of 12 can eat three free meals a day. Use promotional code PSF when booking the Parking and Breakfast package, or, for the Kids Eat Free package, the code MAJ. 1-866-979-8070
- Washington Marriott Georgetown: Mealtime is fun time, thanks to this hotel's Kids Eat Free package. At the Georgetown hotel, located near Foggy Bottom Metro, up to four children under the age of 12 enjoy complimentary selections from the kids' menu at every meal. And because you may want to linger over those deliciously free meals, hotel parking is complimentary, too. Use promotional code MAJ when booking. 1-888-270-9384
- Washington Marriott at Metro Center: With the Stay for Breakfast package, the most important meal of the day is covered for two adults and two children. Best of all, kids won't complain about being hungry an hour later! Use promotional code S4B when booking. 1-877-885-7073
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park: Pack up the minivan! Guests who reserve and pay for their stay just 14 days in advance will enjoy the hotel's most competitive rates and free parking. Plus the hotel is a block from the National Zoo. Use promotional code ADP when booking. 1-888-873-1891
No matter which property or package families choose, they can be assured of comfortable accommodations located in a vibrant neighborhood. Plus, each of these Washington, DC hotels is near Metro stations, which means the city's vast repertoire of attractions is just a ride -- and yet another adventure -- away.
About JW Marriott
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. These elegant hotels cater to today's sophisticated, self-assured travelers, offering them the quiet luxury they seek in a warmly authentic, relaxed atmosphere lacking in pretense. JW Marriott properties artfully provide highly crafted, anticipatory experiences that are reflective of their locale so that their guests have the time to focus on what is most important to them. Currently, there are 53 JW Marriott hotels in 22 countries; by 2015 the portfolio will encompass 80 properties in 29 countries.
About Renaissance Hotels
Renaissance Hotels represents a diverse collection of more than 150 hotels in 35 countries worldwide. Each property is unique, offering passionate travelers a one-of-kind experience and memories they will be sure to take with them long after they depart. Within every hotel, guests are greeted by an exceptional array of amenities and an inspiring world of local discoveries. For travelers looking to experience something new, innovative and locally driven programs including the industry leading entertainment platform RLife LIVE as well R Navigator, ensure that every trip is transformed into an eye-opening, unforgettable journey. Renaissance Hotels. Live Life To Discover. To discover more visit www.renhotels.com.
Friend us on Facebook www.facebook.com/RenaissanceHotels.
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/RenHotels.
About Marriott Hotels & Resorts
Marriott Hotels & Resorts continues to inspire and provide a balanced life on the road for discerning and high-achieving business and leisure travelers, offering warm, professional service; sophisticated yet functional guest room design; lobby spaces that facilitate working, dining and socializing; restaurants and bars serving international cuisine prepared simply and from the freshest ingredients; meeting and event spaces and services that are gold standard; and expansive, 24-hour fitness facilities. All Marriott hotels participate in the award winning Marriott Rewards frequent travel program that allows members to earn hotel points or airline miles for every dollar spent during each stay. For more information, visit www.marriotthotels.com
Visit Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) for company information. For more information or reservations, please visit our web site at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.