SOURCE: Plixer International
KENNEBUNK, ME--(Marketwired - Jun 14, 2013) - Focusing on Cisco's Catalyst 2960-X security features, Plixer International, Inc., a leading provider of threat detection and network traffic monitoring solutions, today announced a joint webcast with Cisco. Plixer's CEO and Founder Michael Patterson will join Himanshu Mehra, Product Manager, Cisco Systems, to provide an inside look into Cisco's Catalyst 2960-X Series Stackable Switch and the rich security and reporting data available to strengthen network threat detection processes. The event will be held on Thursday, June 20th at 10 AM (EDT) and 4 PM (EDT).
Attendees will gain an inside view into Cisco's new Catalyst 2960-X Switch and the device's superior security capabilities that help control network access and strengthen an organization's IT security to better mitigate threats. Additional information discussed includes:
- Cisco TrustSec uses SXP to simplify security and policy enforcement throughout the network.
- Comprehensive 802.1X Features to control access to the network, including Flexible Authentication, 802.1x Monitor Mode, and RADIUS Change of Authorization.
- IPv6 First-Hop Security enhances Layer-2 and Layer-3 network access from proliferating IPv6 devices especially BYOD devices. It protects against rogue router advertisements, address spoofing, fake DHCP replies and other risks introduced by IPv6 technology.
- Saves energy during off-hours with Cisco EnergyWise.
- Can be stacked with Catalyst 2960-S and 2960-SF switches.
- Device Sensor and Device Classifier enable seamless versatile device profiles including BYOD devices. They also enable Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) to provision identity based security policies.
- Cisco Threat Defense features including Port Security, Dynamic ARP Inspection, and IP Source Guard.
- Support for NetFlow-Lite including integration with Cisco ISE for username reporting.
Helping network administrators extract, correlate and visualize harmful network traffic moving through the Catalyst 2960-X Switch is Plixer's Scrutinizer network security and monitoring solution. Through a partnership with Cisco, Plixer has seamlessly integrated Scrutinizer with the Catalyst 2960-X Switch to enable a second line of defense that captures potential network security threats often missed by firewalls and Intrusion Detection Systems.
"We are excited to have been chosen by Cisco to work on another series of NetFlow reports," said Michael Patterson, Founder and CEO, Plixer International. "We know our customers will be impressed with the quality of Netflow reporting Scrutinizer offers for the 2960-X."
Register for the webcasts offered by visiting:
10AM - https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/310831048
4PM - https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/510148208
Download a free trial of Plixer's Scrutinizer or schedule a live demo by calling: (207) 324-8805 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more, follow Plixer International on their Blog, Twitter, Facebook or join NetFlow Developments Group on LinkedIn. Learn about these new features by taking one of their Advanced NetFlow Training classes being offered around the country.
About Plixer International, Inc.
Plixer International, Inc. is a leading NetFlow, IPFIX and sFlow solution provider specializing in network threat detection, historical reporting and capacity base-lining for both physical and virtual environments. They assist customers implementing and troubleshooting: VoIP, Telepresence, Unified Communications, Medianet and other time sensitive applications. Plixer tools have been used to analyze and troubleshoot irregular traffic patterns by IT professionals with some of the largest networks in the world, such as CNN, The Coca-Cola Company, Lockheed Martin, IBM, Regal Cinemas, Raytheon, and Eddie Bauer.