EMERYVILLE, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 28, 2012) - Webmarketing123, a leading provider of digital marketing services, and a member of the 2012 Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list, today unveiled the results of its 2012 State of Digital Marketing Report. More than 500 B2B and B2C marketers participated in this US study, uncovering key trends in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising, and Social Media Marketing (SMM).
"The results from our second annual State of Digital Marketing Report are in, and according to B2B and B2C marketers alike, SEO continues to make the biggest impact on lead generation -- with the perceived impact increasing 20% year-over-year," said Paul Taylor, CEO of Webmarketing123. "The reality of today's business environment is that the early sales cycle lives online and your success boils down to one key factor -- if you're not ranking on page 1 of search results, you are invisible to most prospects."
The 2012 State of Digital Marketing Report discovered that SEO is still a black box to marketers, as companies using agencies to manage their SEO efforts were more than twice as likely to be highly satisfied with the results, in large part due to the increased analytics that agencies typically provide. After all, 7 out of 10 companies who manage their own SEO efforts reported being unable to accurately attribute their SEO ROI.
"Webmarketing123 takes the frustration and guesswork out of digital marketing," continued Taylor. "By consistently measuring outcomes, Webmarketing123 is able to quickly and easily prove the value and maximize the ROI of our client's digital marketing dollars."
Additional highlights of the 2012 State of Digital Marketing Report include:
- SEO continues to be the shining star of Digital Marketing:
- 59% of B2B marketers and 49% of B2C marketers say SEO makes the biggest impact on lead generation.
- Over 50% of marketers surveyed will increase their SEO spend next year.
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising has perceived poor performance:
- Only 1 in 5 companies report being satisfied with their PPC advertising performance.
- Overall, marketers working with agencies express higher levels of satisfaction with their PPC campaigns.
- Social Media marketing gains more traction as well as momentum:
- While the perception remains that B2C companies have a deeper involvement with social media, B2Bs are closing the gap. In fact, 66% of B2B marketers report moderate to full engagement, compared to 70% for B2C.
- The percentage of B2C marketers generating leads or sales via LinkedIn increased 75% since last year, while the number reporting Facebook as a source of deals decreased by nearly 20%.
- As more sophisticated attribution tools become available, the number of marketers able to attribute leads, sales and deals to particular social channels more than doubled (leads from 15% to 31%, deals from 23% to 60%).
For More Information
To download or share a copy of the 2012 State of Digital Marketing Report Infographic or the report in its entirety, visit http://go.webmarketing123.com/2012-State-of-Digital-Marketing-Report.html. To learn how Webmarketing123 can help you meet your business goals with targeted, metrics focused digital marketing, contact the company at 1-800-619-1570 or Contact@Webmarketing123.com.
Webmarketing123 is a Bay Area based full-service digital marketing agency offering global
Internet marketing services such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising, and Social Media Marketing (SMM). Webmarketing123's approach is powered by a deep expertise in increasing online visibility, creating and executing effective online advertising campaigns, and delivering measurable results. For more information, please visit: