SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 20, 2012) - WeLink today announced the release of the first of its suite of "Social Community SDKs" for mobile apps built using iOS, Android and Appcelerator Titanium. Given the intensifying use of mobile apps on the one billion (and growing) mobile devices around the globe, WeLink was founded on the belief that every mobile app needs to be 'socially powered' with features that help build a connected community. WeLink's Social Community SDK is a white labeled solution that can be integrated into any mobile app and helps developers build social apps with awesome user experience in minutes. Today's news illustrates a trend in the mobile application industry of building communities around verticals, topics, ideas and activities. WeLink provides a social community for mobile apps aimed at events, employee directories, corporate communities, conferences, festivals, concerts, sports teams, games, schools, hotels, airlines and more.
Recently, WeLink was brought on as one of Appcelerator's top emerging ISV technology partners for 2012. COO Sandeep Johri commented: "Appcelerator sees a huge potential in WeLink's ability to facilitate the rapid development of social apps for mobile. I look forward to what the Appcelerator development community builds with WeLink's Social Community Module." In addition, WeLink also has partnerships with TEDx, Cvent / Crowd Torch and Appbaker.
WeLink's SDK (iOS, Android, & Appcelerator Titanium) technology & product features include:
1. Rich Social Profiles: Instantly pulls and displays social profile data on users from LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Klout, Kred, Foursquare, Instagram and many more. This includes an interactive wall of rich media shares.
2. Discovery & Search: WeLink's discovery tree provides a way to find people categorized based on topics; search profiles via keyword; sort people by metrics of influence.
3. Social Connect: Connect and link multiple social networks. Find common connections, path to users, and common topics and interests.
4. Offline Mode: WeLink works even without internet connectivity and ensures smooth operation at highly crowded events with limited or no internet connectivity.
5. Messaging: Communicate with other community members.
6. Customizable: WeLink can be white labeled and is fully customizable.
7. Other: Tags, analytics, social chatter, photo walls and more.
"Increasingly, people are living their lives on their mobile devices, and businesses are looking for ways to enhance the mobile experience for their users. It's a no-brainer that all apps should be social, but they're not. It takes an insane amount of time and money to build well designed social features for mobile," commented Nathan Chandra at WeLink. "Our mission is clear: to socially power all mobile apps in minutes. WeLink provides a development tool; a simple solution that integrates a richly connected social community into any regular mobile app. We make developing beautiful social apps easier than 'falling off a log.' With ten lines of code and fifteen minutes of development, WeLink can transform any mobile app into a socially connected, location aware beast."
Founded in 2012, WeLink is a B2B company that offers software as a service to socially power mobile apps. Our suite of SDKs instantly provides a social network that builds communities which facilitates communication and social discovery amongst users. WeLink's UI is absolutely gorgeous, its social community module is filled with powerful social features, and it can be integrated into any mobile app in minutes. WeLink provides an insane amount of support to make sure the apps using our technology are successful.