TORONTO, ON --(Marketwired - November 30, 2016) - This is one gift you won't have to worry about being returned.
This holiday season, why fret about the wrong size or colour? Why not give something more meaningful, like the opportunity for kids with disabilities to play music, sports and take part in other fun-filled activities through Gifts that Grow, Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital's new symbolic giving catalogue.
Regardless of their abilities, all kids want to be kids -- they want to play, have fun, laugh and make friends.
Holland Bloorview's Gifts that Grow includes life-changing gift alternatives for your friends and family. Open up a world of possibilities for kids with disabilities by purchasing toys, equipment, supplies and services that are sure to spread joy and put smiles on kids' faces.
Here are just a few of the gift options:
- Art Supplies $20 - The gift of paint brushes, paint and clay gives kids the chance to explore their creative sides. Whether painting, sculpting or drawing, art is a welcome distraction from appointments, treatments and therapy.
- Toys for Our Playroom $25 - From rubber balls to video games, a gift of toys for Holland Bloorview's in-patient playroom gives kids staying at the hospital a chance to play, pretend and to let their imaginations soar.
- Gardening Supplies $35 - With this gift, kids can get out of their hospital rooms and connect with nature. By purchasing gardening supplies, kids can plant flowers and other plants in Holland Bloorview's beautiful Spiral Garden.
- Sports Equipment $40 - The gift of recreation and sports equipment helps kids get active, as they play, participate, and make friends in a welcoming and friendly environment.
- Musical Instruments $50 - With the gift of musical instruments like drums, ukuleles and keyboards, kids can express themselves, be creative, and rock out with music therapists.
Larger gifts ($250 - $10,000) can help purchase services that have an even bigger impact on kids. They range from gifts that fund workshops for youth to live independently; to providing financial support for families; to giving kids with disabilities a voice by funding critical research that will lead to innovations that will help them express themselves.
Purchase your gift online today at GiftsthatGrow.ca.
ABOUT HOLLAND BLOORVIEW KIDS REHABILITATION HOSPITAL
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital is Canada's largest children's rehabilitation hospital. We focus on improving the lives of kids with disabilities, kids needing rehabilitation after illness or trauma and kids whose medical complexity requires specialized care. We serve nearly 7,500 children and youth annually accounting for over 1,000 unique diagnoses. The hospital is a global leader in childhood disability research, teaching, and client and family centred care. Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation raises funds in the community for Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital. For more information, visit: hollandbloorviewfoundation.ca.