LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 19, 2014) - Winston Baker, the leading global producer of film finance conferences announces the program and speaking faculty for the 6th Annual Film Finance Forum ® West in association with Variety. The workshops, speed networking session, invitation-only reception and conference will be held on March 4-5, 2014 at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles, CA.
"We hosted the first ever Film Finance Forum ® in Los Angeles in March of 2009 during the credit crunch and everyone in attendance was looking for money. This year, we're thrilled and honored to be hosting numerous equity and debt financiers in the industry looking to finance single projects, slate deals, film businesses, and digital media. The financiers participating at our forum this year represent billions in capital combined," said Katherine Winston, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Winston Baker.
The Los Angeles forum will kick off with a keynote to be addressed by Dr. Jeffrey Cole, Director of USC Annenberg's Center for the Digital Future. Dr. Jeffrey Cole has been at the forefront of media and communication technology issues both in the United States and internationally for the past 25 years. In July 2004 Dr. Cole joined the USC Annenberg School for Communication as Director of the newly formed Center for the Digital Future and as a Research Professor. The Center is a research and policy institute committed to work that has a real and beneficial effect on people's lives, while seeking to maximize the positive potential of the mass media and our rapidly evolving communication technologies.
After the keynote, panelists will address sessions on monetizing intellectual property in a fragmented world, new revenue streams, emerging financing resources beyond crowdfunding, converging platforms, and alternative distribution models. In addition to active investors and lenders, past Academy Award winners and current Oscar nominees will be participating at this year's must attend event. The stellar speaking faculty will include:
- D. Jeffrey Andrick, Founder, XL.Ent Media Group
- John Bails, Executive Vice President, Film Production Capital
- Anthony Beaudoin, Senior Vice President, Entertainment Finance, Union Bank
- Justin Begnaud, Business Development & Production Finance, Grosvenor Park Media
- Jill Gwen Braginets, Senior Vice President, Finance & Operations, Fox Searchlight Pictures
- Cindy Bond, President, Mission Pictures International
- Greg Centineo, Executive Producer
- Benjamin Charbit, Partner, Acquisitions and Sales, Surge Entertainment Group
- Chanell Chen, Media and Entertainment Executive, East West Bank
- Joseph Chianese, Executive Vice President, EP Financial Solutions, Entertainment Partners
- Ron Cicero, Co-Founder, Disorderly Conduct
- Kate Cohen, Co-Chief Executive Officer and Partner, Straight Up Films
- Lindsay Conner, Partner and Co-Chair, Entertainment and Media Practice, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Greg Coote, Executive Producer, Larrikin Entertainment/Catalina Capital Fund
- Mark Damon, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, Foresight Unlimited
- Erik Feig, President of Production, Motion Picture Group, Lionsgate
- Ross Fremer, Executive, Project Finance and Business Development, Cinetic Media
- Nolan Gallagher, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Gravitas Ventures
- Peter M. Graham II, Managing Member, 120dB Films
- Douglas Hansen, President, Endgame Entertainment
- Paul Hanson, Chief Operating Officer, Annapurna Pictures
- Charles Heaphy, Senior Managing Director & Group Head, Motion Picture & Television Finance, First Republic Bank
- Michael Helfant, Co-Founder, Amasia Entertainment
- Laura Ivey, President, The Exchange
- Jeff Kalligheri, Chief Executive Officer, Waterstone Entertainment
- Jonathan King, Executive Vice President, Participant Media
- Clint Kisker, Director, Screen Capital International
- Sean Kisker, General Manager, Motion Picture Group, Lionsgate
- Stephen Kovach, Chief Financial Officer, Vine Alternative Investments Group
- Eric Litynski, Director of Content and Acquisition, RedBox
- Paula Manzanedo-Schmit, Vice President, Film Finances
- Rachael McLean, Senior Vice President of Digital, JuntoBox Films
- James Miller, Managing Director, dsf.
- Maggie Monteith, President, Dignity Film Finance
- Schuyler Moore, Partner, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- James Mullany, Managing Director, Salem Partners
- Courtney Lauren Penn, Producer and Founder, Boundless Pictures
- Samantha Taylor Pickett, Founder & Creative Director, 11:34 PST
- Michael Roban, President, MS Media Consulting
- Stacey Sher, Producer
- Jason Sklar, Executive Director, Entertainment Industries Group, J.P. Morgan
- Frank Smith, Chief Operating Officer, Anschutz Film Group and Walden Media
- Todd Steiner, Media and Entertainment Executive, Comerica
- Paul Summers, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, AllDigital
- Larry Ulman, Manager, Coyote Media Advisors
- Mauricio Vedovato, Head of the Entertainment, Media and Sports, Lilla, Huck, Otranto, Camargo Advogados
- Kevin Winston, Founder, Digital LA
Supporting organizations for Winston Baker's Film Finance Forum West include Catalina Capital; Coyote Media Advisors; dsf.; Entertainment Partners; Film Production Capital; Lilla, Huck, Otranto, Camargo Advogados; Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP; and Surge Entertainment Group. To learn more about Winston Baker's Film Finance Forum West, visit www.FilmFinanceForum.com.
About Winston Baker
Winston Baker produces conferences globally for the financial, legal, and entertainment industries addressing strategies for finance, innovation and growth. For more information: www.WinstonBaker.com.
Variety and Variety.com provide the industry with the most comprehensive coverage of motion pictures, television and the digital space. With respected and experienced news reporters in Los Angeles, New York and around the world, Variety marries its historic coverage of the entertainment business with a technologically advanced website and new weekly print edition, offering readers the in-depth news coverage needed to remain competitive in the ever-changing entertainment industry. The Variety Group - Variety, Variety.com, Variety Insight, LA 411, NY 411 - is owned by Variety Media, LLC, a division of Penske Media Corporation.