MANSFIELD, CONNECTICUT--(Marketwired - Jan. 13, 2014) -
Editors Note: There are two photos associated with this press release.
WinZip today announces an all-new version of WinZip® for iOS, making it easier than ever for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users to protect and share files. With new support for Dropbox and AirDrop, along with a simplified interface, the updated WinZip® for iOS offers powerful new options to safely exchange files and protect private information. Available free to current paid users, the updated app is available now from the App Store.
Offering direct integration with Dropbox and support for AirDrop, the new WinZip for iOS delivers safe and simple file sharing on iPhone and iPad.
- Connect directly to your Dropbox account to zip, unzip and share files. Zip your Dropbox files, unzip files to Dropbox, create and save .zip and .zipx files to your account, and take advantage of cloud sharing with the ability to send or copy a Dropbox link
- Easily share files with other iOS users with integrated support for AirDrop
- Protect your files before you save and share with WinZip's powerful 128- or 256-bit AES encryption
- Choose .zip or .zipx to compress and email large files, photos and videos with ease
- Unzip major compressed file types, including .zip, .zipx, .rar and .7z with just a tap
- Easily view all images in a Zip file with the enhanced image viewer
- Browse your Photo Album and easily multi-select, zip and share photo collections
- Open and save email attachments to Dropbox or a My Documents folder on your iPhone or iPad
- Share photos in your Zip files to Facebook and Twitter
- Unzip and view most common file types including: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .pages, .numbers, .key, .rtf, .pdf, .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif, .tif, and more
"The new features in WinZip for iOS are designed to dramatically enhance your ability to safely save and send files. Through a simplified UI, you can accomplish all your sharing tasks faster than before. New support for Dropbox not only makes it easier to share, but also helps you take privacy into your own hands by encrypting your files before you entrust them to the cloud. By integrating the power of AirDrop with WinZip, we're also giving you a safer way to send files to other iOS users," said Patrick Nichols, President of WinZip.
WinZip for iOS makes it simple to protect your privacy with powerful AES encryption while creating smaller files that save space on your device and use less bandwidth when sharing with contacts or the cloud. WinZip for iOS is available now for $4.99 (USD & CDN)/$5.49 (AUD)/ £2.99 from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/winzip-full-version/id669835030?mt=8.
In addition, WinZip has introduced an update to the free version of WinZip for iOS with an enhanced UI and support for AirDrop that enables users to quickly open and view Zip files and common formats. The free WinZip app is also available on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/winzip/id500637987?mt=8.
Join the Conversation
Connect with WinZip on Facebook at www.facebook.com/winzip. Follow our Twitter updates @WinZipComputing.
WinZip is trusted by millions of businesses and consumers to boost productivity, simplify file sharing and keep information private. The world's number one compression and encryption software, WinZip offers apps for all of today's most popular platforms and devices, giving users a better way to exchange files in the cloud, email and social media. WinZip's product line also includes powerful utilities to improve system performance and help keep PCs secure. WinZip is part of the Corel family of companies. For more information about WinZip, please visit www.winzip.com.
Copyright © 2014 VAPC (Lux) S.a.r.L. All Rights Reserved. WinZip and the WinZip logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of VAPC (Lux) S.a.r.L. All other product names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.
To view the photos associated with this press release, please visit the following links: