BOSTON, MA--(Marketwire - Aug 15, 2012) - WizIQ today announced free membership for K-12 and College teachers. To be eligible, a teacher needs an email address associated with their educational institute. That's all WizIQ needs.
WizIQ's free teacher accounts give educators at accredited institutions access to a range of teaching tools. To many educators, the virtual classroom for which WizIQ is best known only means live classes, which they might not need considering they see their students in person every day.
But with the WizIQ Virtual Classroom they can also:
- Offer online courses for their school
- Run virtual office hours and homework help
- Run summer school online to address transportation and facilities issues
- Give AP students a jumpstart with virtual summer class sessions
- Let athletes or homebound students work with their classes live even if they can't be there
- Easily set up classes -- without IT help
- Bring subject matter experts into their classrooms virtually
- Support group and project-based learning
- Engage hard-to-reach parents with:
- Virtual parents' nights
- Virtual conferences
- Adult education and community outreach
- Virtual math and literacy nights
- Broadcast live school committee meetings on the web
- Record lectures or flip their classrooms
- Conduct virtual field trips
- Run professional development when and where staff are available
- Share teaching resources among schools
Teachers can take full advantage of every WizIQ feature, including screen-sharing, polling, video-conferencing, shared whiteboards, and more.
The WizIQ Virtual Classroom features are generally available only to paying members, but teachers and their students will now enjoy free access.
Teacher accounts come with several other benefits, such as the ability to create live and asynchronous courses complete with uploadable courseware and 15 GB of free storage for class recordings. These recordings are hosted in the cloud.
Apply for the free WizIQ membership at http://www.wiziq.com/academic/
About WizIQ: WizIQ is a Chandigarh, India-based company with an office in Boston, MA. WizIQ's online learning and teaching platform connects educators and students through its WizIQ Virtual Classroom technology and courses, with nearly 2 million registered users. WizIQ's teaching tools work from a web browser and now from a native iPad App. WizIQ's tools are unique in that they are both personal enough for the individual tutor and scalable enough to meet the needs of universities and major training and teaching organizations.