NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Nov 4, 2013) - Andrew Bailey, most recently CEO of BBDO's Proximity North America, has been appointed CEO, North America, effective Nov. 11, of a new global agency holding company, The&Partnership, launching today with offices in New York, London, Singapore and Latin America and with WPP as a minority owner.
Johnny Hornby, who founded award-winning creative agency CHI&Partners (Clemmow Hornby Inge) in the U.K. in 2001, was named global CEO of the company, which includes a consortium of agencies, including CHI&Partners.
Hornby said, "Our multi-agency, one bottom-line model has been delivering great results for our clients and for our business here in Europe. Having someone of Andrew's caliber joining us to replicate this model in the U.S., is a very exciting next step. He is undoubtedly one of the proven talents in North America, and I can't wait to start working with him."
WPP Group bought a minority stakeholder in CHI&Partners in 2007 and continues as such in The&Partnership, whose clients include Samsung, Direct Energy, PBS, IHG and Britvic. The following partner-owned multi-discipline agencies are now under The&Partnership with a single P&L and upwards of 1,400 staffers:
- CHI&Partners London, CHI&Partners NY, Bates CHI&Partners Asia. An agile micro-network of award-winning agencies delivering fully integrated modern advertising around the globe
- CHI&Partners London was the sole advertising agency featured in the UK's 'Top Track 250' privately owned companies
- UK's fastest growing advertising agency over the last decade and last year's most awarded independent agency at Cannes Advertising Festival
- CHI&Partners NY has more than tripled in size over the last 2 years, and Bates CHI&Partners Asia recent regional wins include Asus and IHG
- m/SIX London, m/SIX NY, m/SIX LA, m/SIX Asia, m/SIX Latam. Media planning, buying, data and digital through a joint venture with WPP's Group M
- Europe's fastest growing media agency over the last 12 months showing 43 percent growth and expansion overseas
- CRM/Digital (U.K.)
- Rapier. Driving transformation in customer engagement and value, through data-enabled strategies and high-impact creative, leading to transformation in business performance and value
- Campaign's Direct Agency of the Decade
- PR (U.K.)
- Halpern. Game-changing commercial connections in media and retail -- from redefining cool with Burberry to building a global legacy for Jo Malone
- Social (U.K.)
- The Social Practice. An integrated social media agency that helps brands to understand, participate and create content that fuels conversations in social media -- the agency has tripled in size in the last 12 months
- Matter. A creative innovation practice, bringing world changing ideas to market, from opportunity to concept, idea to product presence in market
- The Box. Custom agency model dedicated to individual clients' everyday marketing needs -- created for better answers, delivered on time and cost efficient
- & Analytics
- A new end-to-end data service identifying where the value lies within a business
"Clients are struggling more than ever to figure out how to get the best work to reach consumers across channels," Bailey said. "They want the energy, specialization and independence of smaller, more agile shops along with media clout. The&Partnership gives them that with the power of a global network."
Bailey spent eight years at BBDO's Proximity, the CRM and digital arm of Omnicom Group. He expanded the company into North America, opening offices in New York, Toronto, Chicago, Atlanta, Cincinnati and Minneapolis and led the growth of regional and worldwide clients including, Visa, P&G, HP, Mars, and Campbell's.
His passion for both strategic and creative excellence has produced results recognized by domestic and international shows like Cannes, The One Show, D&AD, LIAAs, Caples and Webby awards during his leadership at different agencies.
Bailey started his advertising career at Leo Burnett in 1998 and became an early advocate of the burgeoning digital communications space. Before joining Proximity, he held executive positions at DraftFCB and U.K.-based digital shop Deepend.
"As an industry, we used to do a few big simple things to drive results for clients," Bailey said. "Today's consumer expectations require that we do many things well and measure the impact of our labors for clients. Business-changing creativity has a new face today, and The&Partnership is built precisely for this need."