SOURCE: Washtington Technology Industry Association
February 25, 2011 00:00 ET
WTIA Announces Winners of the 2011 Industry Achievement Awards at Gala Event
SEATTLE, WA--(Marketwire - February 25, 2011) - The Washington Technology Industry Association (WTIA) (http://www.washingtontechnology.org), North America's largest statewide association of technology companies, honored the winners of its 16th annual Industry Achievement Awards (IAA) tonight at an awards ceremony at Showbox SODO. The event showcases the best of the creative and innovative people, companies, products and services in the Washington technology industry.
"Once again, there was a tremendous depth and breadth of technology innovation represented among the Industry Achievement Awards applicants. This impressive group of companies shows that Washington State continues to be a place where passionate technologists can leverage the talent and resources here to achieve great success," said Susan Sigl, CEO of the WTIA. "Thanks to all who participated in the awards process, and a special congratulations goes to this year's winners."
The IAAs recognize local companies, individuals and students who best demonstrate innovation and excellence in creating new technologies, applications and services. The 2011 winners, as determined by a panel of local industry experts, were:
Commercial Product or Service of the Year: DocuSign and Isilon Systems (Tie)
- DocuSign is the global leader in electronic signatures. DocuSign provides the world's largest and fastest growing electronic signature platform, empowering businesses to complete transactions online quickly and securely while improving compliance and dramatically reducing costs.
- Isilon, a division of EMC, is the global leader in scale-out storage. Isilon delivers powerful yet simple solutions for enterprises that want to manage their data, not their storage.
Consumer Product or Service of the Year: Swype
- Swype's patented technology provides a faster and more intuitive way to input text on touch-screens devices.
Service Provider of the Year: HasOffers Affiliate Tracking Platform
- HasOffers enables large retailers and brands to create, manage and track their own affiliate programs through the company's simple, safe and scalable platform designed for the cloud. Through HasOffers, customers can effectively connect to new customers online by growing their own affiliate relationships.
Best Early-Stage Company of the Year: Ground Truth
- Ground Truth is a mobile measurement firm that delivers the precise, timely and actionable mobile intelligence required for operators, advertisers and publishers to measure, optimize and grow their businesses.
Best Seed-Stage Company of the Year: SPARQcode
- SPARQcode's core mission is to enable anyone carrying a mobile phone to be a potential direct responder to any of your sales and marketing efforts.
Innovative Manufactured Product of the Year: XKL, LLC -- DarkStar
- XKL designs and manufactures DarkStar® fiber optic transport products that reduce data communications costs by enabling enterprises to link inter-campus, datacenters and create regional networks.
Best Use of Technology in Government, Non-profit or Educational: OpenDataKit.org
- Open Data Kit (ODK) is a collection of free and open source tools, in use around the world, that make data collection easier and more flexible.
Technology Leader of Tomorrow:
- Gizan Gando, Asa Mercer Middle School (Seattle), Grade 6
The following companies are sponsors of this year's IAA:
- Presenting Sponsors: Accenture, HTC, Microsoft, Oracle, Perkins Cole, Regence BlueShield, Vertafore and Wells Fargo Insurance Services
- Creative Sponsor: RocketDog Communications
- Productions Sponsor: Seamless Event Solutions
- Media Sponsor: Puget Sound Business Journal/TechFlash, Seattle 24/7, UWTV and Xconomy
- Public Relations Sponsor: Sterling Communications, Inc.
- Technology Showcase Sponsors: Google Microsoft BizSpark
- Gift Bag Sponsor: Benefit Solutions, Inc.
- Lanyard Sponsor: Attachmate
- Supporting Sponsors: Cooley, Conover Insurance, F5 Networks, Kibble & Prentice, Moss Adams LLP, New Media Synergy, Robert Half Technology, Stratos Product Development and WowRack Technologies
About the Washington Technology Industry Association
The Washington Technology Industry Association, founded in 1984, is one of the largest statewide associations of technology companies, IT departments and individual technology professionals in North America. With more than 1,000 members representing more than 125,000 employees in Washington State, the association is a catalyst for sharing expertise, fostering collaboration, delivering key business services and advancing the value and global impact of technology companies doing business in Washington. The association's corporate sponsors are F5 Networks, HTC, Microsoft, Moss Adams LLP, RealNetworks, Regence BlueShield, Vertafore and Wells Fargo Insurance Services. For more information, go to www.washingtontechnology.org.