SOURCE: Wyndham Vacation Ownership
ORLANDO, FL--(Marketwired - Apr 11, 2014) - Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO), the world's largest vacation ownership company and a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies (NYSE: WYN), won the ACE Innovator Award, along with 15 other prestigious industry awards at the annual American Resort Development Association (ARDA) Awards Gala in Las Vegas on Wednesday, April 9. The ARDA Awards celebrate the best and brightest in the vacation ownership industry in more than 60 categories.
The ACE Innovator Award -- one of the top awards handed out -- recognizes the company's successful launch of the WVO Mobile Technology Initiative (MTI) featuring the Apple iPad platform throughout the entire sales division. With the deployment of more than 3,000 iPads to resorts from Vermont to Hawaii last year, sales associates now have a powerful, comprehensive and portable tool loaded with the most up-to-date, consistent and accurate sales information possible.
"We are honored to receive these coveted industry recognitions, including the ACE Innovator Award -- they are a true testament to our commitment to excellence as demonstrated by our hardworking associates each and every day," said Franz Hanning, President and CEO. "Our company's success is a direct result of the achievements of our associates who always strive to deliver exceptional customer service by fostering a culture of continuous innovation and engagement."
WVO was also recognized with the following awards:
- ACE International Project of Excellence Award: Wyndham Resort Denarau Island, Fiji
- Marketing Management Executive: Kerry Corriveau
- Marketing Manager/Team: Dianna Bridi
- Marketing Program: WVO Accelerate into the Fast Lane Sweepstakes
- Call Center (251 agents or greater): WVO Owner Services
- Sales Management Executive: Chris Robertson
- Sales Training Program or Sales Trainer: WVO South Business Unit Sales iPad Training Program
- Sales Team: WVO Branson Super Team
- Project Team: WVO New Owner Welcome Team
- Visual Communications/Graphic Design Team: WVO Brand Management Team
- Owner/Customer Relations Team Member: Melanie Dillenburg
- Resort Assistant Manager: Joseph Pokorski
- Innovative Marketing, PR or Social Media Campaign: WVO Social Media City Soul Mate Campaign
- Website: Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific website - www.wyndhamAP.com
- Refurbishment: WorldMark Whistler - Sundance Lobby Renovation
ARDA is the Washington D.C.-based professional association representing the vacation ownership and resort development industries.
About Wyndham Vacation Ownership
Wyndham Vacation Ownership, a member of Wyndham Worldwide's (NYSE: WYN) family of companies, is the world's largest vacation ownership business, as measured by the number of vacation ownership resorts, individual vacation ownership units and owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership develops, markets and sells vacation ownership interests and provides consumer financing to owners through its five primary consumer brands, CLUB WYNDHAM®, WorldMark® by Wyndham, Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific, Shell Vacations Club and Margaritaville Vacation Club®. As of December 31, 2012, Wyndham Vacation Ownership had developed or acquired more than 185 vacation ownership resorts throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and the South Pacific that represent more than 23,000 individual vacation ownership units and more than 900,000 owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership is headquartered in Orlando, Fla., and is supported by more than 15,000 employees globally.