MANCHESTER, NH--(Marketwired - Jan 28, 2014) - Xeros, the innovator of an ultra-low water laundry system, today announced it has successfully established its presence in North America as demand has escalated for green laundry solutions. Xeros established its North American headquarters in September 2013 and has sold more than 30 polymer bead commercial laundry systems globally to dry cleaner customers that include Kleen Dry Cleaners and Crest Advanced Dry Cleaners; industrial laundries such as Sterling Linens Service; and in four of the top six hotel chains in North America, including Hyatt and Wyndham.
The Xeros Commercial Laundry System helps organizations, through the use of polymer bead technology, to deliver water and energy savings for a greener clean. The patented, award-winning system uses 70% less water, up to 50% less energy, and approximately 50% less detergent, to deliver superior cleaning results as compared to traditional "soap and water" methods. By combining the beads' molecular structure with a proprietary detergent solution, dirt from soiled items is attracted and absorbed by the beads, producing cleaner results. The reusable beads have a lifespan of hundreds of washes before being collected and recycled for reintroduction into the polymer supply chain.
Key 2013 milestones for Xeros North America include:
- Launched Xeros Cleaning System for Commercial Laundry at the Clean Show in New Orleans
- Established North American headquarters and hired key executives including Jonathan Benjamin, president, North America; David Kaupp, vice president of marketing; and Jim Basler, director of operations.
- Launched Xeros Cleaning System for Hospitality in October.
- Awarded Editors' Choice Award for Operations at the International Hotel, Motel + Restaurant Show® (IHMRS). Winners were selected based on innovative product design; how a product answers a particular industry need; and development or use of a new technology.
- Nominated for the prestigious Edison Award which honors the most innovative new products, services and business leaders in the world.
- Established North American operations to service and support Xeros systems
With the Xeros Commercial Laundry System, industrial laundries, hotels, fitness center, and dry cleaners derive these benefits:
- Decreased Laundry Costs - By converting in-house laundry operations to a Xeros polymer bead washing system, hotels cut laundry costs by up to 50 percent, with immediate savings in water, energy, chemicals and support costs through Xeros' innovative care program.
- Increased Useful Life of Linens - Xeros' solution routinely out-performs aqueous washing methods. Hotels deliver cleaner linens to guests and keep inventory in circulation longer. Longer term savings in areas such as linen replacement are also achieved after extended use.
- Demonstrated Commitment to the Environment - By converting to a Xeros solution, organizations are able to highlight their commitment to the environment and advance their green initiatives.
For More Information:
Click here for more on Xeros Commercial Laundry System for Hospitality
Follow us on Twitter: @XerosLtd
Watch an informative video: http://www.xeroscleaning.com/polymer-bead-cleaning/video-library/
About Xeros Cleaning
Xeros is changing the way textiles are cleaned. Using patented polymer bead technology, the Xeros System for commercial cleaning uses up to 70% less water, 50% less energy and approximately 50% less detergent, and delivers superior cleaning results compared to conventional washing. Xeros was named a top invention by TIME magazine; winner of 'Best Technological Breakthrough' in The Climate Week Awards 2011; nominated for the prestigious Edison Award; listed in World Wildlife Fund's survey of global 'Green Game Changers'; and has been awarded two Rushlight 2013 Awards for green innovation. Strategic partnerships include Green Earth Cleaning and BASF. Xeros is headquartered in the UK with offices in the U.S. and China. For additional information, please visit www.xeroscleaning.com.