SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Jul 12, 2011) - Yammer Inc., the leader in enterprise social networking, today announced its mobile application for Windows Phone. Built from the ground up, the new Yammer application delivers advanced enterprise social networking capabilities to mobile workers worldwide.
Mobile access is a critical component of Yammer's enterprise social networking solution, and an application for Windows Mobile has been available to users since 2009. This release is a major enhancement to the previous application and marks the first version that is compatible with the Windows Phone operating system.
Key New Features:
- Threaded Conversations - Post, reply and like messages. Easily follow conversations with replies displayed underneath the original message.
- Multi-Feed Access - Quickly navigate between My Feed, Group Feeds and Company Feed to find relevant conversations.
- Multi-Network Access - Switch between various internal and external networks.
- Member Directory and Profiles - Find updates, links and files posted by a specific colleague in addition to contact information.
- Private Messages - Communicate privately with one or more colleagues.
- Live Tile Integration - Receive real-time notifications from Yammer about new conversations and messages on your Windows Phone Start screen, all without opening the application.
"Windows Phone offers software developers a best in class operating system and developer tools, and Yammer is a great example of the new wave of business apps partners are creating with these new capabilities," said Paul Bryan, senior director of product management in Microsoft's Windows Phone Division. "We're excited to see new cutting-edge business apps, like Yammer, join our growing app ecosystem and pleased to offer a way to help grow their business with Windows Phone Marketplace."
"Millions of Windows Phone users will be able to access Yammer to connect with their colleagues and collaborate on the go," said David Sacks, founder and CEO, Yammer. "Many of our large enterprise customers rely on Microsoft technology to run their businesses. As we rapidly advance Yammer's enterprise social networking capabilities, we will continue to partner closely with Microsoft to integrate core Yammer functionality into its offerings."
Yammer for Windows Phone will be available for a free download from the Windows Phone Marketplace later this quarter and will be compatible with the Windows Phone "Mango" operating system launching later this year.
In addition to Yammer for Windows Phone, Yammer also announced yesterday a new version of its integration with Microsoft SharePoint, the Yammer SharePoint 3.0 Web Part, which provides a real-time social layer to the native SharePoint platform, making it more social, mobile and engaging for enterprise employees.
About Yammer, Inc.
Yammer (www.yammer.com) is the leading provider of enterprise social networking, offering a secure way for employees to communicate, collaborate, and share information. The basic version of Yammer is free, and customers can pay to upgrade their network to receive additional administrative and security controls, priority customer service and a dedicated customer success manager. More than 80 percent of the Fortune 500 are using our award-winning Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution to improve employee productivity and engagement. Visit our blog to see how our customers are benefiting from Yammer.