SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 14, 2012) - Yammer, Inc., a leading provider of Enterprise Social Networks, today announced a slew of new features designed to improve the user experience and discoverability of relevant people, content and conversations, while demonstrating the company's commitment to rapid product innovation.
"This is our most significant release yet, and demonstrates Yammer's continuing commitment to rapid innovation. The team is doing the best work it's ever done, and thanks to added design resources, we have completely updated the site's look, navigation and many of its interaction models," said David Sacks, founder and CEO, Yammer. "Enterprises are experiencing transformative results with Yammer, and today's announcement provides companies with an even deeper justification for adopting Enterprise Social Networking to get work done."
New features include the following:
Inbox provides a single place to track the Yammer activity that matters most to users by automatically aggregating at-mentions, group announcements, Private Messages and conversations, and enabling them to quickly respond to conversations in the order of importance. With Inbox, users can now do the following:
- Prioritize what needs to get done by marking messages as unread
- Filter messages by unfollowing conversations to hide them from view
- Follow a conversation to receive notifications about new replies
- Send and reply to Private Messages and conversations directly from Inbox
- Search across the entire Inbox
- Access Inbox on Yammer for iOS and Android
The new Homepage is tailored to help users discover and connect with the content that is most relevant to them as well as important company activity and resources, while also reducing noise. Highlights of the new homepage include the following:
- Trending Files. The files and Pages that are most actively shared, discussed, viewed or marked official are easily discoverable.
- Company resources. These provide quick access to official content such as HR policies, employee benefits or holiday calendars.
- Pinned announcements remain above the feed when unread.
Online Now enables users to see who is available and instantly start a discussion with one or more co-workers. Key features include the following:
- A contact list displaying the colleagues with whom users interact the most and whether or not they are online
- Multiuser conversations
- Message history and search capabilities for previous Online Now conversations, including messages that are sent when a user is offline
- Data export on a one-time or recurring basis
Delivering on Yammer's pledge to incorporate customer feedback to constantly enhance user experience, this release also features a redesigned navigation that further simplifies the discovery of and access to people, content and third-party applications. Users can now do the following:
- Quickly access files and Pages in the new Files Directory
- Discover additional Groups through an expanded menu
- Access the third-party apps directory faster via a new drop-down menu
- Admins in Premium Networks can customize the look of the top navigation to match company branding
Some customers already have all summer release features. Yammer introduces new features through a phased rollout in order to collect usability data to improve the user experience for all customers.
More information can be found at whatsnew.yammer.com.
Comments About the News
"Enterprise social networks are quickly becoming the major building block for enterprise collaboration. As network activity volume grows, relevance of information to people and content becomes critical. Yammer's data-driven approach gives rise to tools like Inbox, giving users a more personal experience and simultaneously making enterprise social networks more pervasive and productive."
-- Vanessa Thompson, research manager, Enterprise Collaboration and Social Solutions, IDC
"This new release introduces more content 'stickiness' to the Yammer experience to balance the real-time flow of communication between users. It is a major step forward for a company like Teekay, which is using Yammer as a companywide communication channel."
-- Jonathan Anthony, director of corporate communications, Teekay
Yammer (www.yammer.com) is a leading provider of Enterprise Social Networks with over 5 million verified corporate users including employees of more than 85 percent of the Fortune 500. The basic version of Yammer is free, and customers can pay to upgrade their network to receive advanced administrative and security controls, integrations with enterprise applications, priority customer service and a designated customer success manager. Yammer is now part of the Microsoft Office Division.