SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 7, 2011) - Yammer, Inc., the leading provider of enterprise social networks, today announced an updated version of its Desktop application. New features include access to the groups directory and real-time search, making it easier to find information and collaborate with colleagues.
The latest Yammer Desktop also leverages features built for the Yammer website, such as real-time notifications, delivering an optimized experience so users can stay connected to their organizations from a standalone application outside of a browser window. The new design features updated drop-down menus, Growl notifications and navigation buttons.
Enhanced features include:
- Groups Directory -- Access current groups, discover suggested groups or easily navigate back to the Yammer website to create new groups. Select any group from the directory to view its feed inside the Group tab.
- Enhanced Search -- Find information quickly from a prominent search bar accessible from any tab within the application.
- Navigation Buttons -- Move backward and forward in the application with new buttons similar to those in a browser window.
- Reload Button -- Refresh the application and when future versions of the Desktop are released, upgrade to the latest version with one click.
- Flexible Fit -- Adjust the size of the application to take up less space on the desktop.
- Feed Picker -- Toggle between Top Conversations, Followed Conversations and All Conversations from the drop-down menu at the top of the My Feed tab.
"Many Yammer users enjoy the convenience of a standalone desktop application," said David Sacks, CEO of Yammer. "With browser-style navigation buttons, a more accessible search bar and a separate tab for group feeds, the new Yammer Desktop enhances the user experience and expands the feature set to better serve our customers' communication and collaboration needs."
Existing users of the Yammer Desktop application will be automatically upgraded. Users running an older version can go here to manually upgrade.
A full list of the Yammer Desktop application features can be found here.
About Yammer, Inc.
Yammer (www.yammer.com) is the leader in enterprise social networking, providing a secure way for employees to communicate, collaborate, and share information. The basic version of Yammer is free, and customers can pay to upgrade their network to receive additional administrative and security controls, priority customer service and a dedicated customer success manager. Companies and organizations across the globe, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 500, are using our award-winning Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution to improve employee productivity and engagement. Visit our blog to see how our customers are benefiting from Yammer.