BOSTON, MA--(Marketwire - May 22, 2012) - Yottaa, Inc., the web optimization company, announced today that it has closed $9 million in Series B funding. This round of funding allows Yottaa to accelerate the delivery of affordable services that optimize, protect and monitor websites and critical web applications for any organization -- in particular, for small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Implementing Yottaa speeds web performance by up to 600 percent and improves conversions by up to 30 percent according to customer data. All existing investors, including General Catalyst Partners, Stata Venture Partners and Cambridge West Ventures returned for this round and were joined by additional undisclosed investors.
"At Yottaa, we optimize the web. We make speed, scale and security easy and affordable to our customers for their websites and critical web applications," said Yottaa CEO Coach Wei. "There is a multi-billion dollar market opportunity that lies ahead for us. In the few months since we launched the Yottaa Site Speed Optimizer service, we have seen tremendous growth and are quickly proving to be the must-have service for mobile and web acceleration. As businesses of all sizes depend more on their web presence, Yottaa enables them to increase revenues and improve overall customer satisfaction."
The Series B funding round comes on the heels of some key milestones that Yottaa achieved in the months since its Site Speed Optimizer service was initially launched in October 2011:
- In six months, Yottaa Site Speed Optimizer has grown to serve over 100 million unique visitors per month;
- The Yottaa Mobile Acceleration solution powers mobile websites and the HTML5 gaming experience for more than 30 million users;
- Five percent of the Internet population has visited sites accelerated by the Yottaa network in the last month;
- Yottaa recently announced its Content Delivery Network (CDN) service and Mobile Acceleration solution, continuing its rapid pace of innovation;
- Yottaa has been granted two patents in areas of web performance optimization (WPO), Front-end Optimization (FEO), web security and cloud routing. Several additional patents are pending.
Yottaa Optimizer delivers a significant advantage over other approaches to improving web performance. Yottaa not only improves website speed and web application performance, but it also dramatically accelerates both the delivery and execution of web pages. Yottaa's innovative approach to web performance optimization ensures a consistently fast user experience regardless of where a site visitor may be, which technologies the primary web server is running, or what code makes up the web pages. Combined with integrated content delivery networks, Yottaa offers an easy-to-use and easy-to-adopt service, and is ideal for more dynamic sites that pull content from every corner of the Internet.
About Yottaa, Inc.
Yottaa optimizes, protects and monitors websites and web applications, delivering speed, scale, security and actionable insight. Yottaa customers benefit from websites with better user experience, improved SEO and higher conversions. Based in Boston, MA, Yottaa's investors include General Catalyst Partners. For more information visit www.yottaa.com and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/yottaa.