PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 10, 2012) - Yummly, the leading digital kitchen and recipe search platform, today announced Yummly Advertising, the company's new advertising platform for food and beverage brands. Available in the next few days, Yummly Advertising provides a unique opportunity for brands and marketers to engage with prospective consumers in an integrated manner.
"The native Yummly Advertising platform represents the next evolution in online advertising for food, providing an ad component that is highly relevant, seamlessly integrated and useful," says David Feller, CEO of Yummly. "Yummly Advertising builds upon Yummly's position as the leading digital kitchen platform, providing brands a unique opportunity to serving up comprehensive product suggestions to the Yummly community."
Integrating contextual ads from current partners such as Hellmann's, Ragu and Breyer's, Yummly Advertising draws from the site's extensive semantic search data cache to tailor relevant ads to individual users based on their search terms and taste preferences.
At its core, the Yummly's Advertising Platform addresses the following key components:
- Scale: With 7.5M unique monthly visitors and growing, Yummly provides an opportunity to advertise to an extensive and growing base of food lovers in a compelling manner.
- Integration: Rather than standard display and text advertising which often competes with the user experience, Yummly Advertising's native placements are deftly integrated within the look and feel of the Yummly interface. By incorporating featured recipes or products related to search, brands can expect higher click-through rates and more meaningful brand engagement.
- Relevancy: Yummly's technology and understanding of food powers the relevancy algorithms. The targeting incorporates elements of ingredients, taste, cuisine, course, diet, allergy, nutrition and more. For instance, an Apple Pie search could not only result in flour, sugar and apple ads, but also suggestions for ice cream and whipped cream.
- Personalization: Yummly automatically updates brand and product placement according to user preferences, showcasing recipes and products based off users' taste, dietary and allergy information.
"We're excited to be part of Yummly Advertising," said Gail Tifford, Senior Director of Media at Unilever. "Not only is Yummly the fastest growing food website in the world, but it is a global platform that offers something highly contextual, valuable and truly unique for our brands."
Promoted areas will allow brands to live on the Yummly digital food platform, providing intuitive channels through which to engage directly with users in real time, including:
- Suggested Products: Applicable products from partner brands will appear embedded within the recipe search pages, creating a seamless search and discovery experience.
- Promoted Recipes: Relevant recipes that directly reflect users' comprehensive taste profiles and search terms will appear at the top of Yummly search results.
- Brand Centers: Brands will have a central presence on the Yummly site, where they can share their individual brand stories and showcase recipes, products, promotions and campaigns.
- Social Media Integration: All Yummly Advertising components will have automatic integration with social media. As part of the Facebook Open Graph initiative, Yummly's Yum button provides a direct integration between advertised products and consumers' social media profiles. When users "Yum" a branded recipe, that endorsement will seamlessly appear as a post on the individual's Facebook Timeline and Newsfeed.
Yummly's mission is to create the ultimate digital kitchen platform. Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, Yummly is backed by Physic Ventures, Unilever Corporate Ventures, First Round Capital, Harrison Metal Capital, Intel Capital, and The Harvard Common Press. Its founding angel investors and advisory board include: Jeff Jordan (Partner at Andreessen Horowitz), Bill Cobb (CEO, H&R Block), Justin LaFrance (StumbleUpon), Marcia Hooper and Brad O'Neill (CEO, TechValidate). For more information, visit www.yummly.com.
Connect with Yummly:
Read the Yummly Nibbles & Bits blog: http://www.yummly.com/blog/
Visit us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/yummly
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/yummly
Yummly and Yummly Advertising are trademarks of Yummly Inc. and may be registered in some jurisdictions. All other trade names or trademarks used herein are recognized to be the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.