CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Feb. 28, 2013) - Zedi Inc. (the "Company" or "Zedi") (TSX VENTURE:ZED) "Our diversification activities of the past few years continued to prove themselves out in 2012. We experienced softness in our northern operations associated with the overall industry slowdown related to lower natural gas prices and industry activity. The softness was more than offset by the growth in the other parts of our business with our SilverJack product performance being a particular highlight. I am proud of our team for achieving 15% revenue and 14% EBITDA growth in 2012 and surpassing the $100 million revenue milestone with 2012 revenue of $104 million," says Matthew Heffernan, President and CEO of Zedi. "The combination of our Q4 results and strong customer adoption, like that seen with Crescent Point, gives me confidence that we are poised to perform well in 2013." The Q4 and Annual 2012 financial statements and MD & A are filed on SEDAR and can be accessed at www.sedar.com or on the Company's website at www.zedi.ca.
Highlights of the 2012 results include:
- Revenues for Q4 2012 were $28,580,000, a 15% increase over $24,996,000 in Q4 2011.
- Annual revenues for 2012 were $104,278,000, a 15% increase over $90,922,000 in 2011.
- EBITDA(1) results for 2012 were $15,111,000, a 14% increase over $13,242,000 reported in 2011, while Q4 2012 EBITDA was up 44% over the same quarter of 2011.
- Prior to working capital changes, Zedi's 2012 cash flow from operating activities was $16,137,000, up 15% from the prior year.
- Non-cash charges for amortization of intangibles from prior acquisitions increased but were offset by the EBITDA growth, resulting in 2012 profit of $4,475,000 being consistent with the prior year.
- Recurring revenue(1) covered 214% of operations expenses and 177% of total cash expenditures - continuing the trends established over the past three years on these metrics.
- Zedi's balance sheet remains strong, with working capital of $14,595,000 at yearend, up 3% from the prior year, after repayment of $2,469,000 of long term debt during the year.
Zedi Inc. (TSX VENTURE:ZED) helps the world's oil and gas producers be more productive, more profitable, and more sustainable through technology backed by expert consultation and services. Our 60 years of continuous operations in North America and recognition as one of the industry's best workplaces, sets us apart in the production operations landscape. With our unique combination of award-winning automation, data management, and field and professional services, we offer solutions to our customers' challenges and help them realize their production potential.
(1) EBITDA and recurring revenue are non-IFRS measures. EBITDA is earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization and is commonly used by industry to normalize non-operating factors that are included in net income and as a proxy for the cash generating potential of a business. Recurring revenue is determined by the company and compared to both operations and total cash expenditures as significant indicators of performance and sustainability. See section 9 of the Management Discussion and Analysis for further detail on both of these metrics.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Information
Certain statements and information contained in this press release may constitute forward- looking information within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation. Specifically, this press release contains statements regarding Zedi's financial performance, cash flow, growth expectations, diversification and acquisition activity, strategies, assumptions regarding potential customer and market activities, recurring revenue metrics and related expectations of sustainability. These statements are based on certain assumptions and analysis made by Zedi in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current market conditions and expected future market developments, as well as other factors it believes are appropriate in the circumstances. However, whether actual results, performance or achievements will conform to Zedi's expectations and predictions is subject to a number of known and unknown risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from Zedi's expectations. Consequently, all of the forward-looking information and statements made in this press release are qualified by this cautionary statement and there can be no assurance that the actual results or developments anticipated by Zedi will be realized or, even if substantially realized, that they will have the expected consequences to or effects on Zedi or its business or operations. Except as may be required by law, Zedi assumes no obligation to publicly update any such forward-looking information and statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.