BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - Mar 25, 2014) - ORACLE INDUSTRY CONNECT -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As eyeglasses enjoy increasing popularity as a fashion accessory, consumers are finding more styles, convenience and affordable options online. Leading online eyewear retailer Zenni Optical responds to the growing demand by offering consumers high quality prescription eyeglasses priced as low as $6.95 through a personalized, visually appealing and easy-to-use site powered by Oracle Commerce.
- Online prescription eyewear retailer Zenni Optical is using Oracle Commerce to provide customers with a technically sophisticated but simple-to-use commerce environment that is increasing sales and personalizing the customer experience.
- Zenni Optical, which makes every pair of eyeglasses to the customer's specifications and maintains a product return rate of less than .5 percent, used Oracle Commerce to help make the site easy for customers to browse, choose and specify glasses without mistakes.
- Oracle Commerce enables Zenni Optical customers to upload their photo to "try on" lenses virtually for look and fit.
- The Oracle Commerce platform also helps Zenni Optical provide customers with faster, easier checkout and a content-rich shopping experience with relevant recommendations and integrated ratings and reviews.
- In addition, Oracle Commerce is vertically integrated with the company's manufacturing facility and its customer service operations to provide better insight into order status and shipment.
- Oracle Commerce also gives Zenni Optical better control over promotions, search results and recommendations, and enables the business to update product information on the fly.
- Zenni Optical transitioned to Oracle Commerce because growth had outpaced an existing Magento platform.
- Zenni Optical partnered with Aaxis Commerce, a Gold-level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork, to complete the implementation within eight months.
- "The personalization of customers' experience is crucial because we are in the industry of not just eyeglasses but trends and fashion," said Julia Zhen, Chief Operating Officer, Zenni Optical. "We have pioneered the business model that can potentially expand the entire marketplace for prescription eyewear. This ecommerce transformation has been crucial in anticipation of a sustained sales growth and our ongoing needs for ensuring an excellent customer experience. Oracle Commerce has been an integral part of our technology strategy which provides the necessary conditions for Zenni to realize its great potential."
- "Zenni Optical is providing the kind of customer experience that encourages a new way of buying eyewear," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. "As consumers continue their shift to conducting commerce anywhere, Zenni Optical is taking advantage of the flexibility and functionality of Oracle Commerce to expand its business and enhance its already excellent service."
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle Industry Connect
Oracle Industry Connect, taking place in Boston March 25-26, 2014, brings industry leaders together to share deep domain expertise, insights and industry-specific best practices. This leadership event features customer-led content including visionary keynotes, executive-level networking and in-depth case studies designed to help organizations meet industry-specific challenges. For more information, please visit www.oracleindustryconnect.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.