AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwired - Dec 3, 2013) - Zenoss Inc., the leading provider of unified IT monitoring and management solutions for physical, virtual, and cloud-based IT, today announced new and updated ZenPacks for managing Microsoft Windows Azure and Microsoft Windows Server. The ZenPacks allow Zenoss Service Dynamics users to extend the management of their hybrid infrastructure to include these popular Microsoft environments.
Microsoft Corp.'s Windows Azure continues to gain momentum within the cloud computing movement. According to Bloomberg about 20 percent of companies deploying IT clouds use Azure and in 2013 deployments will surpass $1 billion in annual sales. For Zenoss customers, the new Windows Azure ZenPack gives IT Operations insight into the health of all critical services running on the Azure platform including service-asset relationships to expedite root cause analysis and shorten mean time to resolution.
Other key features of the Azure ZenPack include:
- Consolidated view of all available KPIs
- Automated discovery, monitoring and event management of Azure subscription entities such as hosted services, virtual machine instances, storage services, virtual networks, and websites.
Additionally, an updated Windows Server ZenPack is now available, simplifying Windows Server monitoring by consolidating and enhancing the capabilities of multiple ZenPacks. Through a single view, Zenoss customers can now manage the performance and availability of SQL Server, Exchange, IIS, Active Directory and Microsoft Cluster Services.
Other key features in today's updated Windows Server ZenPack include:
- Automated discovery of various Windows Server attributes including file systems, interfaces, processes, and services.
- Generation of in-depth KPIs to provide detailed reports on the organization's entire environment including Windows.
- Advanced monitoring capabilities for multi-instance SQL server deployments and Windows Cluster Services.
"Having a unified IT operations platform is essential with the Cloud era now upon us," said Alan Conley, CTO of Zenoss. "With Zenoss' Windows Server ZenPack and Windows Azure ZenPack, enterprise customers can move beyond monitoring individual elements to full application and service monitoring throughout their Microsoft infrastructure, with an open and flexible solution capable of reducing complexity and downtime and lowering the cost of IT Operations."
Additional ZenPacks Available for Zenoss Service Dynamics
- VMware vCloud: Leverages native vCloud management APIs to enable in-depth monitoring of performance and availability of vCloud based applications and services.
- Amazon Web Services: Discovers EC2 entities, monitors CloudWatch metrics and provides an overview of the regions and availability zones cloud resources depend on for reliable operation.
- Citrix XenServer: Monitor the health of services and applications spanning multiple virtual platforms including XenServer.
- OpenStack: Monitors servers' health, performance and inventory to ensure reliable application and service delivery.
- CloudStack: Monitors performance and availability of zones, pods, clusters, system VMs and VMs.
Zenoss is a leading provider of unified IT monitoring and management software for physical, virtual, and cloud-based IT infrastructures. Over 35,000 organizations worldwide have deployed Zenoss to manage their networks, servers, virtual devices, storage, and cloud infrastructure, gaining visibility and control of their IT operations.