MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 2, 2014) - Zettaset, the leader in Big Data security, today announced the support for Hadoop 2.X as part of its version 7 release of Orchestrator, the industry-leading software application for Big Data management and security. Orchestrator v7 addresses the need for hardened Hadoop components that incorporate the robust security, reliability, and process automation required in today's demanding enterprise environments.
Zettaset Orchestrator complements Hortonworks Data Platform 2.1 with a remarkable set of powerful enterprise features that deliver more comprehensive security, higher database reliability, and more process automation to eliminate time-consuming manual tasks and reduce IT overhead.
"With YARN at its core and new data processing engines, HDP 2.1 is a major advancement for Hortonworks customers," said Zettaset CEO Jim Vogt. "However, operational gaps still exist, and these are addressed in our new Orchestrator v7 software release. By deploying Orchestrator alongside HDP 2.1, organizations can achieve true enterprise-class data security that includes integrated encryption, access control, and policy enforcement as well as higher reliability and uninterrupted database uptime with our patented high-availability umbrella."
Zettaset Orchestrator works in conjunction with branded open-source Hadoop distributions, providing a super-set of security and administration functionality along with an intuitive web-based interface that automates and simplifies routine tasks. Orchestrator reduces Hadoop complexities, and eliminates the reliance on professional services that dominates Hadoop distribution deployments today.
Joint Hortonworks HDP 2.1 and Zettaset Orchestrator customers can take advantage of the cost and scalability advantages of open-source software and HDP's database expertise, while leveraging Zettaset Orchestrator's focus on security to harden and automate Hadoop production data center environments.
Benefits and features of Zettaset Orchestrator v7 that complement HDP 2.1 include:
- Powerful, centralized management and control, with an intuitive web-based interface that automates and simplifies HDP 2.1 installation and administration, delivering greater operational efficiencies for the enterprise
- Compatible with earlier 1.X versions of HDP, providing automated migration to latest versions of HDP at customer's convenience
- Automated fail-over of all Hadoop services under Orchestrator's patented High-Availability service umbrella for uninterrupted service uptime
- Encryption of all on-disk data-at-rest, as well as encryption of data-in-transit between nodes
- Fine-grained role-based access control at table, column family, and column levels; ideal for organizations with multiple organizational units and multi-tenancy requirements
- Centralized logging of user activity for reporting and compliance purposes
- Intuitive, web-based user interface for simplified ease of use
The Orchestrator security and management application is not a Hadoop distribution, but is distribution-agnostic and tested for compatibility to work alongside branded Hadoop distributions from Hortonworks and Cloudera. Orchestrator offers a more automated and robust Hadoop management platform, which is optimized to deliver superior security, reliability, and ease-of-use for enterprise customers and systems integrators.
About Zettaset, Inc.
Zettaset, the leader in Big Data security, is an ISV that automates, accelerates, and simplifies Hadoop cluster deployment for the enterprise. Zettaset Orchestrator is the only Big Data management platform designed to address enterprise requirements for comprehensive security, high-availability, manageability and scalability in a distributed computing environment. Orchestrator provides multi-service fail-over for all critical cluster services, facilitates integration with the most widely adopted ETL and analytics applications, and is a fully-compatible with leading Hadoop distributions. Orchestrator helps organizations move Hadoop more efficiently from pilot into production, augmenting open source management with a more robust approach that easily fits into existing enterprise security and policy frameworks.