DRESDEN, GERMANY--(Marketwired - Jan. 14, 2014) -
Editors Note: There is an image associated with this press release.
ZMD AG (ZMDI), a Dresden-based semiconductor company that specializes in enabling energy-efficient solutions, and Murata Power Solutions, the world's leading supplier of board mount power, today announce the product release of a true-digital 35A point-of-load (POL) solution.
ZMDI's ZSPM1035 single-phase digital PWM controller family ICs for non-isolated DC/DC supplies, combined with Murata Power Solutions' single-phase 35A surface-mount power block, provide a quick route to proven, high-performance smart digital power solutions. ZMDI's easy-to-use software enables the user to fully customize these solutions for optional digital communications via PMBus™, output voltage range and output load. The digital control loop and compensators are preconfigured in the new ZSPM1035 family devices. A downloadable complete construction kit is available, including a graphical user interface, layout guidelines and step-by-step instructions. It is ready to be immediately implemented in the application design.
The new ZSPM1035 family, together with the existing ZSPM1025 family, provides a range of ready-to-use smart digital power solutions up to 35A. ZMDI plans to extend this further with dual-phase, true-digital POL controllers for Murata Power Solutions' dual-phase surface-mount power blocks with higher output current capabilities in early 2014.
The ZSPM1035 solutions that are available now and customized for the OKLP-X/35-W12-C Murata Power Block include the following:
- ZSPM1035A featuring a PMBus™ programmable output voltage of 0.35V to 3.6V; four predefined, user-selectable output capacitance ranges; and configurable protection, sequencing and monitoring.
- ZSPM1035C featuring a pin-strap selectable output voltage of 0.62V to 1.2V and four predefined pin-strap selectable output capacitance ranges.
- ZSPM1035D featuring a pin-strap selectable output voltage of 1.25V to 3.4V and four predefined pin-strap selectable output capacitance ranges.
"With the addition of the ZSPM1035 digital PWM controller family ICs for the 35A Murata Power Block, we are extending our successful application-ready 25A POL solutions up to 35A. Our customers especially value the proven technology of ZMDI and Murata at higher currents," said Andrew Smith, Product Marketing Manager at ZMDI. "To help our customers quickly add the customized POL solution in their end-application, we provide complete construction kits containing documentation, layout and tools."
Benefits of the ZSPM1035 combined with the 35A Murata Power Block:
- Ready, tested and fully preconfigured 35A point-of-load solution
- Downloadable full construction kit including step-by-step instructions and software configuration wizard
- Fast configuration of output voltage and monitoring via ZMDI's Pink Power Designer™ GUI or configuration via pin-strapping options for ultra-fast time-to-market
- Support for four different output capacitor ranges without additional design work
- FPGA designer-friendly solution
- Point-of-load solutions with higher output current options available soon
The ZSPM1035A, ZSPM1035C and ZSPM1035D are in full production. Parts and ZSPM8035, ZSPM8735 and ZSPM8835 Evaluation Kits are available at Mouser Electronics.
Murata is a leading manufacturer of modules and electronic components, particularly ceramic capacitors. It is the world's number-one manufacturer of board-mount DC-DC converters and a key manufacturer of standard and custom AC-DC power supplies.
Established in 1944, Murata is headquartered in Japan and has European offices in Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain, Finland and Hungary.
For more information on Murata, please visit www.murata.eu.
Zentrum Mikroelektronik Dresden AG (ZMDI) is a global supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors solutions for automotive, industrial, medical, mobile sensing, information technology and consumer applications. These solutions enable ZMDI's customers to create the most energy-efficient products in sensing, power management and lighting.
For over 50 years, ZMDI has been globally headquartered in Dresden, Germany. With over 320 employees worldwide, ZMDI serves its customers with sales offices and design centers throughout Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, France, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and the United States. See more at www.zmdi.com.
The URL for this news release is http://www.zmdi.com/news/press-releases-news/
Like ZMDI on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ZMDINT
Follow ZMDI on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ZMDINT
Join ZMDI on Linkedin at http://linkd.in/NiUwKx
To view the image associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20140114-921927_image_800.jpg