ORLANDO, FL--(Marketwired - October 17, 2016) - GARTNER SYMPOSIUM/ITxpo - Zoom Video Communications today announced that they are on track to host 15 billion annual meeting minutes.
"Zoom's innovative solution is disrupting the traditional web and video conferencing markets," said David Berman, President of Zoom. "Zoom's tremendous momentum is driven by the platform's quality, reliability, and ease of use. With Zoom, organizations are simplifying their collaboration stacks for video conference rooms, executive offices, desktops, mobile devices and multiple use cases."
Zoom is also announcing major enhancements to its Zoom Rooms conference room solution, which will be generally available by the end of October. Zoom Rooms enable companies to easily set up powerful video enabled conference rooms with screen sharing across their entire organization. These high-quality systems scale to 500 video participants, with 3 screens, and can communicate with other H.323/SIP room systems, desktops and mobile devices. Zoom Rooms are set up with affordable off-the-shelf hardware like Mac Mini/Pro or a Windows PC, with an iPad controller, and any USB peripherals such as Logitech cameras.
New Zoom Rooms features include:
- Intelligent proximity with one-click share: Zoom Rooms will automatically detect your device, and with a single click you can share your content. No dongles, cords or special codes -- just one click and you can share content to the room system.
- Automatic Audio Feedback Elimination: Noise cancelling with proximity detection avoids meeting disruptions by automatically adjusting your computer audio when you're in a Zoom Room.
- Direct Sharing: Share the content from your computer screen directly over your local network to the room display. This saves on bandwidth and provides higher quality video.
- Remote Room Management: Allows IT to save time by controlling peripherals and managing Zoom Rooms remotely.
- IP PBX call-in support: Every Zoom Room can have its own phone number and accept incoming calls. This makes Zoom Rooms perfect for executive offices and conference rooms.
- Accessibility Support: Expanded accessibility features include closed captioning to display meeting text on conference room screens.
"We're excited about these innovative new features," said Dennis Vallone, IT Manager for BAYADA Home Healthcare. "Zoom has changed the way we collaborate as a company. Zoom provides us with anytime, anywhere access from any device -- from a smart phone to a conference room -- all within the same ecosystem. The simplicity and affordability are allowing us to add video and screen sharing capabilities to our huddle and conference rooms."
Zoom will demonstrate these new features in booth #725 at Gartner Symposium/ITXPO, October 16-20 at Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL.
For more on Zoom Rooms visit: https://www.zoom.us/zoomrooms
Connect with Zoom on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/zoom-video-communications-inc-
Follow @zoom.us on Twitter: twitter.com/zoom_us
Like Zoom on Facebook: facebook.com/zoomwithus
Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, group messaging, and a software-defined video conference room solution into one easy-to-use platform. Our solution offers the best video, audio, and screen-sharing experience across Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Zoom Rooms, and H.323/SIP room systems such as Polycom and Cisco Tandberg. Zoom is a privately held company headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit zoom.us or follow us @zoom_us.
About Gartner Symposium/ITxpo
Gartner Symposium/ITxpo is the world's most important gathering of CIOs and senior IT executives. This event delivers independent and objective content with the authority and weight of the world's leading IT research and advisory organization, and provides access to the latest solutions from key technology providers. CIOs and IT executives rely on Gartner Symposium/ITxpo to gain insight into how their organizations can use IT to address business challenges and improve operational efficiency. For more information, please visit www.gartner.com/us/symposium.